Fatigue Gripe, especially in Progressive Leagues Topic

The idea of changing my thinking in regards to Baseball, based on how our Sim performs,  is to me volunteering to be programmed.

I know I am much more reactive and sensitive to ways I think the Sim performs then most ,

Because of this I prefer to focus my time and energy on the GM part of the game and don't involve myself much with tweaking lineups.

I am once again frustrated by a situation that to me is ridiculous.

I have several teams where I have real life full time top of the order batters, who are under 100% before 25 games of the season.

One example is 2005 Carl Crawford with 687 PA is at 99 % at the 21 game mark.

On the same team Brady Clark is at 92 % despite 674 Real Life Plate Appearances.

I had similar experience recently with 1946 Pee Wee Reese and Eddie Stanky of the 1946 Brooklyn Dodgers.

I understand the argument that a Sim Player should cost you more if a player plays 99% as opposed to 80 - 85 % of the time.

I really wish they would run a different program for Progressive Leagues.

I offered an alternative years ago.

Alternative Suggestion

Take a real life player, Cal Ripken during his streak is an easy example. Give him 0.5 games credit for every game he appears in and 0.5 games credit for every game he has 3 plate appearances heading into a season.That gives him the full possible 162 at the start of a season.

Then for each game he appears in during the Sim Season, it costs 0.5 games of energy, and in each game he is used for 3 plate appearances that costs 0.5  games of energy.

So even if a player bats 12 times in a game he would only use the maximum energy for 1.0 games of energy.

As it is now if one has a very strong offense or faces very weak pitching a player gets fatigued as his team scores runs in bunches. Winning lop sided games does not fatigue teams in real life.

With this system a manager could use his backup infielder as a regular for a week or two as in real life when a starter has an injury instead of playing your regular 17-18 games out of 20 and the backup the other 2 or 3.

Maybe there are big problems with this proposed solution, but I just hate having to be concerned about players fatigue levels because the offense is going well.

Thanks for your time.

5/8/2013 3:45 AM (edited)
Fatigue Gripe, especially in Progressive Leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.