Last Minute Recruiting Topic

I've wasted most of my recruiting money trying pull 2 DII players down.  I've gotten backup messages from both but so far they're still undecided as we head into the last day of recruiting.  I only have a little money left.  If they fall through and I target undecided DIII players on the last day what's the cheapest way for me to sign them?  I was thinking (hoping?) 1 ST and a scholly offer.  Does anyone know the minimum effort it takes for a DIII player?
5/7/2013 8:27 PM
Also, just to keep from starting a new topic I'll ask my second question here.  If a recruit sends a message that he is taking another visit and should know something after that, does that really mean he's taking another visit (he's one of the undecided's) or is that a stock message?

"Coach, I just can't say yes right now...I'm still supposed to take a campus visit of another school. I should know more after that."

5/7/2013 8:29 PM
1. The cheapest is a start and a scholarly, $110. You can do it with a st and scholarship as well.
2. It's a stock message.
5/7/2013 8:33 PM
Thanks!!
5/7/2013 8:38 PM
One thing you might want to consider is HOW you're trying to pull down D2 players.

Send a phone call to the coach first to make sure they are able to be pulled down by you. If you get the backup message then you can continue, otherwise abandon ship.

Different guys take different levels of STs to pull them down. If I don't have a lot of cash at DIII, I may try to pull them down one at a time. That way you at least get one to come down rather than "wasting most of my recruiting money" trying to pull down multiple guys and maybe you don't spend enough to get any to drop to you.

5/8/2013 8:37 AM
I've pulled them down before with coach calls and ST's.  I lost both this time to Div II sim teams on the last day.  I've got enough $ left to throw a ST and scholly offer to an undecided Div III player but not two. 

Is it worth it to try for a 2nd player with a Scholly offer and as many phone calls as I can afford or do you have to have a face to face to be considered?

5/8/2013 5:09 PM
Last Minute Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.