Game Instinct and OL Topic

I guess I dont understand why the Guess numbers think Game Instinct is as important as strength for an offensive lineman.  Can someone fill me in on why this is?  thanks

5/8/2013 12:26 AM
Probably because that's what the creators of this game said was important.(They did).
If I remember correctly the last thing from the programmers I  saw said the 2 most important attributes for OL were blocking and GI in that order.
I believe others including myself might disagree but there it is. Regardless of the degree you may value it , it has to be taken into consideration.

5/8/2013 8:38 AM
netigerfan....one of the key things you have to grasp in this game is that it is a game....therefore, the "reality" is controlled by the programmers.  Sometimes it does not make sense in terms of real life football (coaching, actual gameplay, player performance, etc, etc), but that is the way the game was set up.

Real life football thinking will get you pretty far in this game, but then you have to add in the limitations (or exploit them) to reach full satisfaction.    In this case...you just have to accept that GI is equal to STR.    Another somewhat crazy example is the HANDS rating for receivers....  Sometimes its a matter of understanding the definition in terms of how the programmers approached it....sometimes its a matter of just plain weird....
5/8/2013 9:42 AM
Thanks appreciate the feedback. It is what it is I guess. Adapt and overcome again thanks
5/8/2013 12:05 PM
Game Instinct is a very distant fourth attribute at best.  Blocking, Strength, Technique count for about 85% of an OL.  The ONLY time I care about GI is if I have 2 OL with the same core numbers.
5/8/2013 1:08 PM
Posted by scoobybud on 5/8/2013 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Game Instinct is a very distant fourth attribute at best.  Blocking, Strength, Technique count for about 85% of an OL.  The ONLY time I care about GI is if I have 2 OL with the same core numbers.
That changed with the failed jconte update. Read the developers notes to see that GI is more important than tech and strength.
5/8/2013 11:03 PM
Do you mean the developer chat or is there developer notes that I don't know about?  Also if it is the developer chat, what is the date it says this?  I have looked through them and can't find that.  Thanks.
5/9/2013 9:18 AM
You are right. I can't find it there either. However in the post "GD guide to the game"  it has a list of cores used since that update. I can't remember where the original info on new cores came from just that i was shocked that GI was now more important than tech. I bet if you ask bhaz he'll remember the original source.
5/9/2013 6:32 PM
Game Instinct and OL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.