Development patterns Topic

I'm starting to notice more and more "odd" or "non-standard" patterns.    An example:  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Max Lopez

There have been injuries involved but, nonetheless, it doesn't really follow the "injury pattern" I'm accustomed to seeing.

About a year ago, I started a thread detailing three "broken things" I felt needed to be fixed to keep HBD as a viable game.   One of them was varied development patterns.  One of the reasons was to make ADV slightly more important(which means it becomes slighty important) and another was to add a variable into trading.   patrickm885 chimed in that there was varied development.  A few of us politely called "bullshit".   However, I can't recall seeing anything like Lopez until recently.   I'm beginning to wonder if the varied development wasn't initially programmed in and became buggy during an update.    And, since that exchange, if WifS didn't de-bug it behind the scenes.

Has anyone else noticed non-standard patterns?  Or is it just a few bugged up players that I'm seeing?
5/8/2013 3:53 PM
that dude is mighty odd, I havent noticed anybody like that amongst my players, I should look though     
5/8/2013 3:57 PM
No. That's odd.  It's like he got a mini DITR this year.
5/8/2013 4:10 PM
I've asked the guy who had him for the first 10 seasons if anything odd happened but, from his transactions, I don't see it.    He had a pretty normal life until S23/S24.  Then he went a little wonky.    And that would line up with the exchange with patrick, time-wise.

I'm not complaining because I think it will make the game better.   I, for one, have been signing good position players to LT 5 year deal at 27, regardless of arb status, because I know(knew?) they would start their physical decline at 33.   That way I'd get them, at their cheapest from 28-32, before the decline.    I first noticed Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Nick Hamilton lose a point in range at 29.   Then I found several players who had physical declines at 28-29 which was something I hadn't noticed before with 20m in training.  Now, if it's going to be different, I can't use the "one size fits all" when doling out LT deals.
5/8/2013 4:18 PM
I agree its a good idea.  I think I showed you a SS who gained a point in glove and lost a point in range in the same season who's in his late 20s.  If it gets a little cooky, that would be cool with me.

EDIT: I was sort of right.  But not really.  Lost a point in arm strength, gained a point in arm accuracy.  
5/8/2013 4:25 PM (edited)
I've seen the learned skills improve in the early 30s but the physical skills have been pretty straightforward.   In a way, that made a little sense.    Lose a little stamina and a little off the fastball, learn to pitch a little more(control/pitches).   
5/8/2013 4:28 PM
Development patterns Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.