Fellow managers, how much value do you put into stud relievers?  Is it worthless to spend a top 50 draft pick on one?  Trying to figure out my rankings for an upcoming draft.  I am a newbie and still trying to get my feet under me on how to go about everything.
5/14/2013 9:36 AM

Every team is going to need at least 3 or 4 short relievers in their bullpen.  If I see a stud RP on my draft board, I'll rank him approriately high on my board.  I probably wouldn't want to use an early first round pick on him as there should be top notch position players or starting pitchers at the top of my board, but if I can snag a stud RP with a mid or late first round pick, that's not a bad deal.

5/14/2013 9:42 AM
A lot of it depends on how many innings he can give you.   A DUR/STM combo of 79/6 is practically useless.    A guy like Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kennie Simpson or Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matt Christensen can give you 150 innings out of the pen.   If a guy can give me 80+ innings, I'd rank him in the top 20.   If not, maybe I get him in the 2nd round.
5/14/2013 9:49 AM
Another question if I may, are there many times on your board you are moving guys who are initially ranked lower than what their ratings current and projected show up 50-100 spots? I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to formulas right now
5/14/2013 9:53 AM
Your draft settings determine the initial rankings.
5/14/2013 9:54 AM
Thanks guys for shedding some more light!
5/14/2013 9:57 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.