D3 out of conference tournament Topic

Thanks to all of you coaches! I've coached probably 30 seasons in WIS and this has been my favorite Out of Conference schedule so far.      
9/20/2013 11:31 AM
All of the teams in this tournament made the National Tourney! Nice!
10/11/2013 4:59 PM
Posted by dvgagz on 10/11/2013 4:59:00 PM (view original):
All of the teams in this tournament made the National Tourney! Nice!
Excellent! Good luck Texas, Tyler in the Elite 8
10/14/2013 11:29 PM
Artie-

I am new to Allen and have played in the past. Would love to get in ths when you have an opening.

New coach for Chicago..
10/22/2013 12:50 PM
Welcome to Allen, Navin. I'd love to have you join if an opening occurs.      
10/23/2013 6:10 PM

We have next season's tournament schedule sent out, and this season's tournament is getting ready to start in a few days. I'm stoked! Last season 7 of 7 teams made the NT.     

10/29/2013 11:11 AM
We have just gotten through Day 1 of the Artie40 Allen D3 Preseason NIT. Last night saw three matchups, Loras @ Westfield St., Muhlenberg @ Palm Beach Atlantic and Centre @ Dominican.

Loras - 60, Westfield St. - 64
Led by Player of the Game Christopher Bowers, and his 17 pts, 6 rebound night, Westfield State pulled out the tight win. Loras, down seven at the half, managed to draw the game even with 1:21 left but did not score again and lost. Westfield's defense was a big reason why they managed this win, especially in the first half, as they held this Loras attack to only one 3 pointer in the first seven and a half minutes of the game. Loras was no defensive slouch either, holding Westfield St's offense to only 12 points in that span and not letting them run away with the game. Loras was lead by Thomas Brown's 17 pt, 10 rebound evening.

Muhlenberg - 78, Palm Beach Atlantic - 75
Player of the Game Melvin Satterfield paced Muhlenberg's close win against PBA with a 21 point effort. PBA started strong, holding the lead for the first 29 and a half minutes of the contest until a Satterfield 3 gave the Mules their first advantage. The rest of the contest was a back and forth affair which included an over 2 and a half minute drought by both teams. The last time the game was knotted up was at 70 a piece on a Morgan Cusack tip-in with 1:27 remaining, but from that point on the Mules finished well and held on for the win. PBA had a balanced effort, led by James Raney and Steven Hyer's 19 points.

Centre - 58, Dominican - 74
Dominican's balanced effort took them to the win behind Player of the Game Brett Shaner's 15 pt, 4 rebound effort. Dominican used a 13-3 run from 12:45-6:55 remaining in the first half to create the advantage they held until the half. Centre came out strong in the second half, using an 8-0 run from 14:52-10:00 to pull the game within one, but the effort proved too much as they were outscored 29-14 the rest of the way. Centre was led by Charles Hopkins 18 points in the losing effort.

Standings
Dominican    1 and 0
Westfield St   1 and 0
Muhlenberg   1 and 0
Centre             0 and 1
PBA                 0 and 1
Loras              0 and 1
Texas Tyler    0 and 0

On the schedule for tonight:
Westfield St @ Dominican
Texas Tyler @ Loras
Palm Beach Atlantic @ Centre
Muhlenberg is "off" and plays #1 Maine, Presque Isle
10/31/2013 11:44 AM

What does PBA have to do win a game? I've lost all three games by a combined 8pts. Luck is not on my side in this Tourney. I lost the first by 3, the second by 2, and the third by 3 again. I would rather get blown out, at least then I can find a fault or say that the other teams are far more superior (No disrespect to the teams that beat me, for they are all great teams with coaches that have always seemed to have my number).

11/2/2013 3:04 AM
I'm up against you next and i'd rather blow you out than win close, as well
11/2/2013 6:55 PM
And another close one ....4pts.....gg artie,....eventually you would think I would progress to the mean and win one.
11/3/2013 11:16 PM
It's weird because you win close as often as you lose them.
11/4/2013 12:02 AM
Great tournament again Art! Thanks to all the coaches who participated. I'm sure next season's tourney will be just as solid and I'm sorry I won't be participating. At least we won this season's tourney!  Good luck the rest of the season everyone.  
11/6/2013 10:13 AM
Good luck to Texas Tyler, Loras, Westfield St, Dominican, Muhlenberg, Centre and Palm Beach Atlantic in your tournament bids! 

Possible Preseason NIT rematches in the NT Midwest Second Round between Centre and Texas Tyler, in the NT West Second Round between Loras and Muhlenberg, and in the Invitational's East Second Round between PBAU and Westfield St. I am the only one in my lonesome in the NT East bracket, so I'll do my level best to meet some of you in the Final Four. 

Be on the lookout also for a possible future matchup in the Invitational Final Four as next season's new tournament participant Puget Sound sits as the 2 seed in the Invitational South.

Happy Hunting All!
11/30/2013 12:58 PM
Wow. The second round of tournament play is like an extended week in our DIII classic. All of the potential match-ups Artie mentioned have materialized. Pretty impressive when we can go 7-0 through the first round of tournament play.
12/1/2013 11:39 AM
Testament to the quality of teams and coaches in the Artie Classic, err, Preseason NIT! 

Good luck tonight bisoneer.  I have a feeling you won't need it as I'm sure you've got revenge for motivation. 
12/1/2013 5:19 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
D3 out of conference tournament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.