Inelligible failed 2nd term, now what? Topic

The email regarding grades states he [Brock] can't play next term. Now will he transfer or just have to take up bench space for the first half of next season? Will he be able to improve during that inelligible time if he stays? Can he be redshirted?
5/17/2013 2:39 PM
He'll be ineligible for the remainder of the season, then have to attend "summer school", which may hamper his offseason improvements.  Should be good to go at the beginning of next season, although you may have to spend more SH minutes than usual to keep him eligible next year.

It appears that he was an ineligible when you signed him, which (if that's the case) means that he can't be redshirted under any circumstances anyway.
5/17/2013 3:05 PM
Not sure if you did this or not, but when signing an ineligible player always put 100% of your available minutes into Study Hall. The other attributes don't improve or decline anyway.
5/17/2013 3:34 PM
I have never seen an ineligible player flunk during his ineligible season before. His GPA for the first semester is awful. I would think Mike hit it on the head above.
Put all remaining minutes (80-90) into SH. Practicing anything else is a waste of SH minutes.
5/17/2013 5:00 PM
Something I hadn't considered when I responded above, but yes, when you sign an ineligible ALL of his minutes the first year should go towards Study Hall.  He can't practice with the team (so no improvements anyway), so putting all available minutes into SH is the only way to go.  Either Fatchance didn't realize this and had his player's practice minutes spread out over different categories, or he's got the dumbest player in the history of HD (and I've had some that were dumber than a bucket of hair, so that's saying something).
5/17/2013 6:45 PM
I must have the dumbest player in the history of the game. All of his practice minutes from day one, which I believe was 85 per session.L went to study hall. Frankly I wouldn't mind him quitting school at this point as he was recruited to be a deep bench role player. To hit free throws late in games/OT games when the bonus foul situation comes into play (mostly).
5/17/2013 9:19 PM
Sit him down and tell him the reality is that he's not cut out for college and he may be better off in a trade school.
5/17/2013 10:18 PM
Posted by fatchance on 5/17/2013 9:19:00 PM (view original):
I must have the dumbest player in the history of the game. All of his practice minutes from day one, which I believe was 85 per session.L went to study hall. Frankly I wouldn't mind him quitting school at this point as he was recruited to be a deep bench role player. To hit free throws late in games/OT games when the bonus foul situation comes into play (mostly).
if he's a deep bench player how are you going to get him on the court in those situations? The sim controls we have aren't that advanced...are you playing HD from the future?
5/18/2013 2:35 AM
Nah, I don't know what I am doing. I am just a very lucky guesser... Seriously, if you take into account staminas, how much foul trouble you want a guy playing with, IQ's, and minutes vs fatigue there are ways to get a guy in for a couple of minutes down the stretch. I am not claiming to be perfect with it but the controls do allow for a fair amount of situational manipulation( not the pervy kind).
5/18/2013 3:38 AM
Posted by fatchance on 5/18/2013 3:38:00 AM (view original):
Nah, I don't know what I am doing. I am just a very lucky guesser... Seriously, if you take into account staminas, how much foul trouble you want a guy playing with, IQ's, and minutes vs fatigue there are ways to get a guy in for a couple of minutes down the stretch. I am not claiming to be perfect with it but the controls do allow for a fair amount of situational manipulation( not the pervy kind).
you must be a seble whisperer then... I can't even get my 99 ath 99 def D III guy to hold a player under 25.
5/18/2013 4:18 AM
Okay lets get back to the original topic of discussion. Has anyone ever seen this situation and if so how did it shakeout?
5/18/2013 12:04 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 5/17/2013 3:06:00 PM (view original):
He'll be ineligible for the remainder of the season, then have to attend "summer school", which may hamper his offseason improvements.  Should be good to go at the beginning of next season, although you may have to spend more SH minutes than usual to keep him eligible next year.

It appears that he was an ineligible when you signed him, which (if that's the case) means that he can't be redshirted under any circumstances anyway.
You might have glossed over this the first time, but this is probably the answer you're looking for.

And by the way, if you had all of his practice minutes in SH, then you DO have the dumbest player in the history of HD.  Congrats!!!
5/18/2013 12:47 PM (edited)
Inelligible failed 2nd term, now what? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.