DDL #1 - Trades Forum Topic

This is the place to list trade offers and confirmations. I expect to see fair trades that are in the best interests of both owner/teams involved. Remember no player picked with a teams 1st pick may be traded. Have fun and GL.
5/18/2013 1:32 AM (edited)
Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo would be willing to mix it up.  No one is off the table.  
5/17/2013 11:48 PM
Cliff Levingston is available for a PG.
5/18/2013 9:12 AM
I tried to work a deal but it fell through, so my teams are loaded and ready to go. The deal was for 2nd round players, of similar salery. He would have gotten a major upgrade in defense, I would have gotten the usage I wanted. This is what I mean by "equilvalent players" and in the spirt I meant for trades to be conducted.
5/20/2013 12:14 PM
Smokey, are you talking about our discussion? As nice a player Paul Pressey is, he is no Alex English.  Just because these players were selected in the same round does not make them equal.  Obviously we needed to add a player to even out the trade.

So I don't understand this in the spirit thing.  No one here is going to make a deal that makes them worse so if someone accepts a deal they believe they are making there team better.

Anyways, good luck on the season.

CJ

5/21/2013 7:29 PM
CJ, I was addressing the nature of the trade, not the outcome. I wasn't complaining. I think that owners as a rule will not trade their team down, but with the draft order carrying over there's some incentive if you feel you ended up with a less than competitive team in the draft this season. Personally I don't care if someone tanks their brains out, but others are really bothered by it. I'm just trying to set the tone for negotiating trades that keeps the majority happy. It doesn't look like anyone's beating a path to the trade forum anyway.
5/22/2013 12:41 PM (edited)
OK, I'm done with playing commish. CJ are you nuts, Pressey is every bit as valuble as English. English is a better offensive choice, but Pressey (def93) is his defensive equal. Games on buddy, I drafted Pressey as my SF, we'll see if English's offense stands up to Pressey's defense.(lol) Good luck this season. 
5/22/2013 12:55 PM
Smokey, what you been smokin'?.  I love Paul Pressey.  He is an elite 'Role" player.  At 16pts (52 eFG%), 5 boards, 7 assists and 90 defense.  He is quality.  Like a poor mans Scottie Pippen.

But Alex English brings 28pts (52 eFG%), 7 boards 5 assists and 77 defense.  He also is a superstar player who carries the team night to night with his 28% usage,  Pressey is at 19%.

I am not taking anything away from Paul Pressey, but he is no Alex English.  Not when you compare there best seasons.  If I had Jordan, I'd love Pressey as my running mate.  I'd love Pressey next to English as my running mate.

But the point is he is a 2nd or 3rd banana.  A super quality 2nd or 3rd banana, but a role player nonetheless.

5/22/2013 5:55 PM
DDL #1 - Trades Forum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.