Autograph Authentication Topic

I have a few autographed collectibles I've considered selling. Looking online, it seems it can cost anywhere from $30-60 to get something authenticated (+ shipping costs). I find it hard to believe, especially in today's market, that getting an autograph authenticated would increase the value by $50ish, unless it's something older, like pre-1950s, where costs go way up and people want to be really sure about what they're getting.
5/17/2013 6:26 PM
It's simple math.   If I'm giving you $30 for your Mickey Rivers autographed bat, I don't really care about authentification.    I'm just going to display the bat somewhere and, when I die, it will probably see the garbage.    If I'm giving you $50,000 for the bat Jeter used to get his 3000th hit, I want the ***** authenticated.   I may place it next to Rivers' bat but, when I die, somebody is going to want it.    It's an investment.
5/18/2013 7:17 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
$50,000 for a Jeter bat - that's cute
5/18/2013 3:14 PM
I'd take a Jeter gift basket!
5/21/2013 5:51 AM
$100 for an oft scratched Dave Stieb cup.
5/21/2013 10:31 AM
If MikeT actually had a Jeter bat, you can bet it would have some of his DNA somewhere on it.
5/22/2013 11:18 AM
All around the handle!
5/22/2013 4:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Autograph Authentication Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.