Conflicting Scouting Trip reports Topic

Okay so I've never seen this before. I accidently sent two scouting trips for this player and got one that said Low potential and one that said average potential so which is it? See below---Gentlemen what say you? I don't plan on signing this guy anyways just thought I'd bring it up to pick some peoples brains!

Coach,

I just got back from my trip to see Howard Castillo. Overall, I'd say that he is a solid D-IAA guy.  Here's a quick overview of what I saw:

He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years.
  I'm worried that he might take things a little for granted and not work hard.
  He might make a better receiver than a DB.
  Hard hitter and good run blitz guy out of the secondary.

Florencio Slaughter
Head Assistant Coach
Florida A&M

Coach,

I just got back from my trip to see Howard Castillo. Overall, I'd say that he is a solid D-IAA guy.  Here's a quick overview of what I saw:

I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special.
  I'm worried that he might take things a little for granted and not work hard.
  He's got the speed, but guys seem to get away from him a lot.
  We might be able to use him on our special teams units.

Florencio Slaughter
Head Assistant Coach
Florida A&M

5/18/2013 3:27 AM
Good strides is the same as average.
5/18/2013 4:51 AM
Posted by badaxe on 5/18/2013 4:51:00 AM (view original):
Good strides is the same as average.
+1
5/18/2013 9:06 AM
For those of you who have forgotten such as myself lol here's the list I had to dig up....

Great potential
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)

Good potential
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit)
5. "improve a lot" (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report)
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit) - This should actually be low potential.
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).

5/18/2013 8:20 PM
The list is pinned, dunce.

Digging it up wasn't hard. 
5/19/2013 1:23 AM
Not everyone remembers the forum like the back of their hand caesari! Your 4,112 posts may contribute to your knowledge of the forums lol
5/19/2013 1:37 AM

AND IT'S PINNED IN A THREAD I MADE. TWICE. I am obligated to remember.
5/19/2013 2:21 AM
I noticed this message from an AC Scouting Report that I had not seen before and isn't on that list.  I assume it means low potential.

"I'm not sure he has the ability to get much better during his college career."

5/31/2013 1:04 PM
Yes, low potential
5/31/2013 2:19 PM
Tapped out.
5/31/2013 10:37 PM
Conflicting Scouting Trip reports Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.