Pine Tar(Best blog in HBD) Reservations Topic

As of right now we are coming down the stretch of the season. It would be a great time for prospective owners to look and see how balanced of a world we have. There are many great division and wild card races going on and we don't have Super Teams. There have only been 2 back to back world champs in 22 seasons.

Our biggest feature however, is the blog. It has many contributors and is updated multiple times throughout the week with many interesting stories and stats. Here is the link if you want to check it out.  theofficialcontinentalleagueblog.blogspot.com/ . Right now I have for sure 1 opening and that spot will be opening up tomorrow due to an owner that has disappeared. If you jump on it now then you can get a head start on next season. We usually have about 2 openings at rollover though. 
5/18/2013 4:34 PM
Don't forget to tell them about the previews that are done for all the teams every season.  Here's an example:

http://theofficialcontinentalleagueblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/nl-south-season-23-preview.html
5/18/2013 5:00 PM
Oh! One more thing!  We also have a owner Hall of Fame.  Every 3 seasons we vote in 1 coach to the hall of fame.  That can be found to the left of the blog on the blog page.
5/18/2013 5:05 PM
Pine Tar's "blog" is more like a daily newspaper. I haven't seen a blog in any other world come close as far as quality or quantity.
5/19/2013 5:20 AM
I'd be interested in the team that is opening up at the end of this season if it's still available. I know my record is sub-par at the moment, but I am much more capable than that suggests. As for the blog, I am trying to create a similar for the one world I am currently a member of and would be willing to pitch in to help with this one as well.
5/19/2013 7:34 PM
I'm interested
5/19/2013 7:57 PM
I'd be interested as well.  Love an active world and blog.
5/22/2013 7:42 AM
Also did I mention Team Stats and power rankings? 
5/23/2013 4:00 PM
Please add me to the list of interested owners
5/26/2013 7:58 PM
Add me also. Interested in joining
5/26/2013 9:08 PM
brickyard9 has been a good owner in Billy Beane and has improved his team from when he took over 5 seasons back.
5/26/2013 10:06 PM
Thanks Joe. PineTar looks like a great league. I would also being willing to commit to multiple seasons with your league and take on a rebuild like I did in Billy Beane. Love the blog
5/27/2013 12:28 AM
We are getting a tremendous response from this thread.  It should be a very quick rollover.  We'd still like to hear from anyone else that is interested in joining this fun and challenging world!
5/31/2013 6:11 PM
Interested in trying out HBD for the first time in this league.  Have the summer off and will be dedicated to learning the ropes.  And I know that Arfy wants to kick my ***.
5/31/2013 9:14 PM
Whoops...that was really me...wrong moniker!
5/31/2013 9:15 PM
12 Next ▸
Pine Tar(Best blog in HBD) Reservations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.