Posted by hboms on 2/11/2014 10:14:00 AM (view original):
this thread hasnt been updated in a while. several teams have been mentioned when they were created but results for those teams havent been updated.
1) for a team with assist% totallying 130-140% at all times, should I expect significant increase in fg%?
2) do you think from about 120% assist%, all the way to the max, the increase in fg% related to total assist% is linear?
3) and lastly, do you think running up-tempo to max out fg% bump is good idea? or run half-court to limit TOs while getting assist% bump?
appreciate your inputs. thanks
My observations are as follows:
1) In an open league it is highly likely to get a significant bump in shooting percentages with 130-140% assists, however don’t bank on it in an elite theme league where defense is likely to be very high (70D+ average with ½ the teams approaching an average D of 80).
2) The D you face is a critical factor in the equation, logain had the best result I’ve ever seen, in the DH$52 he had something around 150% assists and picked up close to a 5% bump. I have not observed the bump as linear since the D you face is a variable you have no control over. IMO the bump is always relative to the opponents D.
3) Depends on how much usage you draft. IMO if you draft something around 125 RL possessions per 48 minutes then you reduce the odds of your players hitting the individual penalty and the tov% bump by running Up Tempo will be minimized, but if you are sub-115 or so your turnovers will be a significant bump.