Have I been doing this wrong? Topic

I've been playing Hentgen at 2B and Buss at 3B.  Should I switch them?

Hentgen: whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx
Buss: whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx

5/20/2013 1:18 PM
Hentgen is close to average defensively at 2B.  He'd have a poor arm for a 3B.

Buss is above average at either position.

You're playing them where I would play them.  If you switched them, Buss might get one or two more touches a game defensively at 2B than would Hentgen at 3B, but you would get diminishing returns.
5/20/2013 1:27 PM
OK.  Yea, I was wondering if getting Buss in a position to make more plays would overcome Hentgen's arm at 3B.  I think I'll probably keep as is.  Thanks.
5/20/2013 1:53 PM
Hey Burnsy,

Hentgen may hurt you more at 2B this year because he lost those 4 Range points.  He's at 75 now.  He had 4 +'s and 2 -'s last year.  That's going to change. 

I would be inclined to move Buss to 2B, but you'll give up those 17 plus plays at 3B.  I think he will more than make up for it with a bunch of 2B +'s.  My guy (Karl, below) has averaged 10 + plays at 2B over the last 4 years (one year with only 5).  Your guys range and glove are better.  He will do better.

Hentgen won't kill you at 3B, btw.

I've played RyanNichols there some the last two seasons.  He's a 78-74-59-61 guy.  Over 38 games, he's fielding .972 with a 3.07 RF.  1 + play  and no -
s.

75 is probably too low of range for a 2B for me.  My guy, StewartKarl hasn't quite the range or glove of your guy, but a slightly better arm.  He's does great at 2B.

I would think you would get more total +'s and fewer -'s by switching positions. 

And what the heck am I giving you advice for?  Congrats on taking the trophy back to Cincy.  
5/20/2013 8:20 PM
Dammit. I didn't think he'd lose that many points this year. Makes me think a little more. And thanks.
5/20/2013 10:42 PM
Well since you are in my division I think you should move Hentgen to SS
5/21/2013 9:30 AM
Haha sounds good.  He might pitch, too.
5/21/2013 9:49 AM
Have I been doing this wrong? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.