How important is “help” defense? Topic

Yep, you sure did, please do that again for games 6 and 7 so Stockton can light it up.
5/23/2013 2:28 PM
I aint scared
5/23/2013 2:31 PM
Congrats felonius, no way for me to overcome 55 more FTA's in game three and 155 total in our last three combined, gl moving forward.
5/24/2013 9:23 AM
that was a ton of ftas and I didnt draft any foul magnets
5/24/2013 11:31 AM
Per Vance in the DH$52 league forum:

Okay nate so you have been ignoring fouls altogether and don't care much about total minutes drafted. Those are 2 of the most important aspects of this game. Could you please update us in your forum of the reasons why the other numbers that you have been expounding about are so much more relevant and important to success in the SIM? Your focus on those numbers is not resulting in championships here or in the ODL.

5/24/2013 2:51 PM
Vance, said I ignored fouls in the latest ODL, not altogether, Ash pointed out right away that "this team will foul a ton" I knew that and agreed with his observation when he made it. One of the reasons I took the D hit on Daugherty this time in the $52, he in RL he had a draw to foul ratio of greater than 2:1, and West has a ratio well over 3:1.

Total minutes depend on the situation, for example Rodman costs a lot less for his 41mpg than do other guys that we would all like to have on our teams. That salary saved has to go somewhere and if you end up with a few extra minutes it may not mean you miss-spent your cap space, it may just mean that are few of your guys produce really well for their cost per minute.

We will see what this team brings Vance, titles in these leagues are no cakewalk, and whoever does win knows for sure that it was very well earned. That's the way it should be and that is what makes doing these leagues worth it.
5/24/2013 3:00 PM
GL nate. If your system works I' will be one of the first ones to copy it.
5/24/2013 3:11 PM
I don't get the tyson season choice at all.  Low boards, low usage.  There is not really much difference between 70 and 90 defense.
5/25/2013 8:48 AM

Badja,

My choice of this Chandler actually came down to a number of factors:

(1) Even though there may not appear to be a significant difference between a 70D rating and 90D rating for an individual,  I believe that the minimum threshold for team D is 68 with a target range of 68-72. With a sub-50 Daugherty and two other rotation guys that are sub-60 I needed the 90D to maintain the minimum D level I had set for my team.

(2)  The 67% efg should translate to over 70% in the sim and since Rodman and Korver have relatively low fga/min ratios, combined with uptempo means that I should be able to get 25-30% more fga’s from Chandler than his RL totals, which translates in to a lot more made shots for my team.

(3)  This version of Chandler has a lower foul rate, higher draw rate and higher FT%, translating to more of a net positive in the FT battle.

(4)  The way my team is built I wanted a backup PG that had: +50D, usage over 22.1, ast% over 30, with as much efg as possible, for this I really needed the few extra 100K of salary space that this version of Chandler left for me.

(5)  Because of Rodman the weighted advanced rebounding numbers for my team are about where I need them to be, I can make matchup adjustments against the good rebounding teams and play more Rodman and use less Rodman against the weak rebounding teams.

(6)  IMO this version of Chandler is a better all-around fit for my team given what I was looking to accomplish.

Badja, It may appear that a number of my decisions are without much rhyme or reason to some, but rest assured there is always some logical reason behind each decision, whether or not that logic is actually flawed is a topic for another discussion. 

5/25/2013 2:51 PM

(2)  The 67% efg should translate to over 70% in the sim and since Rodman and Korver have relatively low fga/min ratios, combined with uptempo means that I should be able to get 25-30% more fga’s from Chandler than his RL totals, which translates in to a lot more made shots for my team.

nate, doesn't exceding RL fga cause the player to incur penalty, and really not produce much net gain?

6/1/2013 3:57 PM
Smokey, the short answer is yes, however I have noticed that the closer guys are to a 60% fg% the less likely they are to drop below that in the sim, even when in the idiv penalty.
6/1/2013 4:27 PM
◂ Prev 123
How important is “help” defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.