D2 Allen job changes...check out the D2 CCAA Topic

It is job changes time in Allen.  The California Collegiate Athletic Association has 3 openings and we are hoping to get those filled.  We have a very good core of coaches and have been a strong 2nd to the Gulf South in D2 Allen recently.  The 3 openings are Grand Canyon (which is in pretty good shape to win right away), Sonoma St. and Cal. Poly Pomona, both of which are rebuild opportunities.  With a mountain of postseason cash to go around, rebuilding in the CCAA can be done fairly quickly by a good coach.

Grand Canyon has B- prestige and runs a Motion offense and M2M defense.  The team returns 10 players from a 16-13 NT team, including a very good PG and 2 good post scoring options.

Sonoma St. has a C- prestige and runs a fastbreak/FCP combo currently.  The team graduates 8 SRs, so this one is in a good spot for a rebuild (including an immediate change of offense an defense if the new coach so desires).  When I took over CSU Chico 4 seasons ago I had 10 openings and this season we made the Elite 8, so a fairly quick turnaround can be achieved.

Cal. Poly Pomona has a C- prestige and runs a Motion/FCP combo currently.  The team graduates 5 SRs.
5/21/2013 11:38 AM
I know I should be advertising for the GLV (which I do think has some excellent opportunities, particular St. Joseph's), but Grand Canyon looks like a really great job. 
5/21/2013 12:34 PM
To add another useful data point, we each are getting over $8,000 in postseason money for recruiting, which obviously could be very helpful with a rebuild.
5/21/2013 1:08 PM
now that the Gulf South is full, the CCAA is definitely your best option in DII Allen. 
5/23/2013 5:40 PM
D2 Allen job changes...check out the D2 CCAA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.