Most deserted Division/World? Topic

I don't understand the animosity people have towards this game.  There is a solid level of randomness but I think that is consistent with real sports.  The best team doesn't always win but, on average, it is the same 5-10 guys competing for a national championship every year in any given world/division.  That doesn't sound unreasonably random to me.  I think it is good there is a chance a good team can beat a great team if they put forth a good game plan and maybe catch some lightning in a bottle.  If it was all just a math equation based on talent and the team with the best talent always won, what would be the point.

There is no comparison between this engine and the old one.  The old one was utterly ridiculous.  You had to run every down except on third and long and talent was 95% of the game.  You could argue that now it is a little pass heavy but you can still have success both running and passing.  Also, most formations can be used with good effect in different situations whereas in the old engine you only really needed 4-4 and ND Box.  I could go on and on.  I can't believe I stuck with it at the beginning.

This game has improved significantly since I have started playing it.  I don't blame anyone for getting burned out or tired of it.  Eventually, it will happen to me.  However, I don't understand the frustration with the engine.  It has faults but it more closely resembles real football now that it ever has.

6/1/2013 4:59 PM
Here Here !  Jsmetz48 has echoed my feelings about the game the way it is.  I did not like when it was 95 percent talent because randomness to some extent is a part of sports otherwise the Miami Heat would  win every game.
        Problem is looming close on the horizon is the NEW update that is currently going through Beta and it will make radical changes in this game.
                   For the Better  ?    Stay Tuned......

6/1/2013 8:05 PM
Posted by jsmetz48 on 6/1/2013 4:59:00 PM (view original):
I don't understand the animosity people have towards this game.  There is a solid level of randomness but I think that is consistent with real sports.  The best team doesn't always win but, on average, it is the same 5-10 guys competing for a national championship every year in any given world/division.  That doesn't sound unreasonably random to me.  I think it is good there is a chance a good team can beat a great team if they put forth a good game plan and maybe catch some lightning in a bottle.  If it was all just a math equation based on talent and the team with the best talent always won, what would be the point.

There is no comparison between this engine and the old one.  The old one was utterly ridiculous.  You had to run every down except on third and long and talent was 95% of the game.  You could argue that now it is a little pass heavy but you can still have success both running and passing.  Also, most formations can be used with good effect in different situations whereas in the old engine you only really needed 4-4 and ND Box.  I could go on and on.  I can't believe I stuck with it at the beginning.

This game has improved significantly since I have started playing it.  I don't blame anyone for getting burned out or tired of it.  Eventually, it will happen to me.  However, I don't understand the frustration with the engine.  It has faults but it more closely resembles real football now that it ever has.

+1

6/6/2013 1:17 PM
Posted by jsmetz48 on 6/1/2013 4:59:00 PM (view original):

JS

This subject was beat to death in many, many threads but I will chime in with the thumbnail view of many.  Having "upsets" isn't the issue.  It's the inexplicable cause(s) of the upset/outcome.  In real life, an upset can be explained in most instances (e.g., injuries, weather, coaching/game planning, venue (grass/turf/dome), home field advantage, player mismatches, player suspensions, player experience (Sr/Jr-heavy rosters), depth, penalties, time to prepare (e.g., short week Thursday games), lack of preparation (i.e., "trap" games sandwiched between more prestigious opponents), etc, etc., etc.

This is all really moot because 3.0 is eventually coming.  Maybe.  But looking at that Beta forum, it seems like 3.0 is a complete trainwreck.
6/6/2013 1:49 PM
◂ Prev 12
Most deserted Division/World? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.