I apologize if this is easily found in the forum, I ran several searches, but couldn't turn up an answer.

What is the top end of the initial international free agent asking price???

I took over an old franchise of mine mid season about a week ago.  Lucky mean, the same night an IFA popped up asking for $7.34 mil with a note saying that'd he'd love to play in america.  The previoius owner's IFA scouting was rather low, 9, but based upon his current skill set, asking price and age, I'm thinking he might well be the best IFA I've personally signed.

I know I've seen a few others thru the years asking in the $7 mil plus, though I can't remember if their demands were raised due to be a "probably won't sign" kind of guy or a "may sign if the deal is right" kind of guy who's initial asking price is raised over the "I'd love to play" free agent.  Part of me even thinks I remember seeing a guy ask fo $9 mil or something out of the box in one of my worlds, but I'm not positive on that.

Anyone know what the upper end asking price is for an IFA initial demand?  Both for a guy who'd love to sign and for a guy who indicates a tougher sign, ie higher initial asking price than their potential would indicate?

Thanks.
5/23/2013 2:21 PM
From my experience, the asking price doens't have much impact on the final price since IFA tends to be a bidding war. I'd expect if he is ML quality and is "the best IFA I've ever personally signed" that someone in your league will give him a $20 million bonus or more. That's been my experiece of final price for truly quality IFAs.
5/23/2013 2:28 PM
That I know, but the initial asking price, along with the blurb from his agent often tells you just how good a guy is, w/o even looking at his skill set.

That's what I'm looking for, the peak range of initial asking price.  My guess tells me it may be $8 mil, unless my note above about the $9 mil asking price is true.  I've never seen a guy asking for more than $10 mil, so I'm pretty confident that's not the case.

On a side note, I believe the most a draft pick will ever ask for is $12 mil, that is for a guy who is the #1 pick and a "not likely to sign" kind of guy.
5/23/2013 2:35 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.