11th non-conference game Topic

Just noticed that WIS added an eleventh non-conf game to my schedule (Emory).

As far as I can see there is no advantage in this for me ... and being a terrible sim team added, it will hurt rpi. Possibly increased injury risk??

I understand that the schedule needs to be balanced, but I can't imagine why the adding of an 11th game shouldn't only involve sim teams.

Am I wrong?

-signed "kind of dinked off"

ps- Of course I am rather stupid for not even noticing this until after my 9th game 
5/23/2013 9:44 PM
Could be worse... you could have two games scheduled simultaneously which I've seen happen a few times.
5/23/2013 11:33 PM
The only advantage is  if you go undefeated. There's never been a team that finished 36-0. I remember one team, with an 11th game, that was undefeated until the NT. 
5/24/2013 4:49 AM
Posted by slicknick777 on 5/23/2013 11:33:00 PM (view original):
Could be worse... you could have two games scheduled simultaneously which I've seen happen a few times.
Uhh... What? How does this happen? (I know the answer to that one.) But how do you notice? Do both games appear in your schedule?
5/24/2013 8:13 AM

happens to a tiny percentage of teams to make the schedules work

it does give your players more minutes and hence improvement, I think

just win baby!

5/24/2013 9:26 AM
Posted by jeffsu on 5/24/2013 8:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by slicknick777 on 5/23/2013 11:33:00 PM (view original):
Uhh... What? How does this happen? (I know the answer to that one.) But how do you notice? Do both games appear in your schedule?
Yeah there will be two games listed on the same day (and time if in a 2 game a day world). If you spot it in time you can get CS to move it to game 11.
5/24/2013 11:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Won our "11th game" 109-44 FWIW.

Maybe the benefit/detriment is a wash.

Either way, seems WIS could avoid the whole thing by scheduling the needed schedule adjustments (i.e. 11th non-conf game)  with only sim teams.

Seems pretty simple to do.
5/25/2013 2:24 AM
11th non-conference game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.