All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Thought requirements would be relaxed?
6/2/2013 8:56 AM
I could have sworn Norbert said (when he was here) that by season four he would relax advancement requirements to test upper levels!  I have had above average success, but only 29 wins...stuck at D2.  Did that promise get rescended and I missed it?
6/2/2013 1:02 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 6/2/2013 8:56:00 AM (view original):
I could have sworn Norbert said (when he was here) that by season four he would relax advancement requirements to test upper levels!  I have had above average success, but only 29 wins...stuck at D2.  Did that promise get rescended and I missed it?
Norbert never promised anything, he said he'd TRY to have the requirements relaxed, but he wasn't sure how to go about doing it.
6/2/2013 2:28 PM
I was at 36 wins and 3 post season births with 3 wins over three seasons... was not eligible for D2 this time around... oh well
6/2/2013 6:20 PM
For some reason my reputation is dropping.  I am down to a B right now.  I've stayed put in division II for a 2 seasons now, haven't applied anywhere else, and have met all promised starts.
6/3/2013 1:36 AM
There is no difference in beta and the regular worlds with regards to moving upto 1aa. 40wins is still the magic number
6/3/2013 11:01 AM
40 wins overall or 40 wins in DII? 
6/3/2013 12:51 PM
40 wins overall.  I had a record of 42-7.  I'm one of 4 people that moved up to DIAA in Argento.
6/3/2013 12:56 PM
Starfinder do you know how many it takes for DIA?  How about for a BCS and Elite straight from DIAA?  I know someone got an Elite with a DIAA a long time ago with several NC's.  Wonder how hard it would be with no human DIA coach's applying?
6/3/2013 5:10 PM
This is a little more complicated than we thought but we've made an adjustment that should allow users to move up easier. However, there is still a check that prevents jumping more than one level at a time.  We can explore removing it later if needed.
6/3/2013 5:11 PM
Posted by buckicoyote on 6/2/2013 6:20:00 PM (view original):
For some reason my reputation is dropping.  I am down to a B right now.  I've stayed put in division II for a 2 seasons now, haven't applied anywhere else, and have met all promised starts.
Bucki, both your loyalty and rep are both showing A+ for me in Argento.  Maybe you have something screwed up on your machine and it is caching something.
6/3/2013 5:16 PM
Posted by dewagne on 6/3/2013 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buckicoyote on 6/2/2013 6:20:00 PM (view original):
Bucki, both your loyalty and rep are both showing A+ for me in Argento.  Maybe you have something screwed up on your machine and it is caching something.
As part of our adjustment all users will have an A+ rep and loyalty.  A lower reputation would most likely have been caused by rescinding scholarships.
6/3/2013 5:22 PM
40 doesn't seem to be the magic number from what I am seeing in Argento and Bava. 

Here are the teams by world in D1AA along with win totals, D2 wins and NCs.

Argento
HardKnox23 37 wins, 31 D2 wins
KatzPhang88 37 wins, 29 D2 wins
Scoobybud 42 wins, 27 D2 wins
dewagne (me) 52 wins, 34 D2 wins, 2 NCs

Bava
EZ37 39 wins, 29 D2 wins
WVUFan76 32 wins, 25 D2 wins
RunRun 39 wins, 29 D2 wins
AppSt 38 wins, 30 D2 wins, 1 NC
dewagne (me) 52 wins, 36 D2 wins, 1 NC

Looks like D2 wins may be a factor, but not sure but when a 32 win coach gets to move up, it sure looks like it.
6/3/2013 5:47 PM
It has to be right? I mean...I couldn't skip to 1AA after winning 40 games with CNU. I mean..if I could go from CNU to William and Mary I would leave CNU, but thats about the only way I would. 
6/3/2013 7:36 PM
Posted by scoobybud on 6/3/2013 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Starfinder do you know how many it takes for DIA?  How about for a BCS and Elite straight from DIAA?  I know someone got an Elite with a DIAA a long time ago with several NC's.  Wonder how hard it would be with no human DIA coach's applying?
I've always seen the magic number to be 90 wins. Not sure wat the adjustment will be with the changes red hawk mentioned. I think a bcs and/or elite depends on cc's and such
6/4/2013 6:43 AM
I was going to point out my 32 win "Bava" Coach was eligible to move to D1aa. 
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Thought requirements would be relaxed?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.