Delayed Promotion Question Topic

If you wait the 20 games to promote someone so that their arb clock doesn't start until the next year, is it worth playing them in the minors during those first 20 games? If you just bench them, won't they be slightly more durable during the rest of the season in the majors?
6/4/2013 11:21 AM
If they are still developing, they won't develop if they don't play.  So there are tradeoffs...  I've done it both ways.
6/4/2013 11:35 AM
Yea I usually play the guy half the games in the minors.
6/4/2013 12:05 PM
I know people say 20 games.  I assume its 20 ML games, but someone mentioned it might be 20 MinL games?  Can someone confirm please. 
6/4/2013 5:07 PM
As I understand it, technically, it's 20 minor league days. The reasoning behind the 20 days has to do with how a player's options are calculated. You need to keep a player down for 20 days for him to burn an option.  If he is down for less than 20 days, then all of that time in the minors is actually counted as ML service time and he keeps his option.  So by keeping him in the minors for 20 days, you're burning an option year for him, but you're gaining an extra year before arbitration.
6/4/2013 11:20 PM
Thanks Adam
6/5/2013 5:24 AM
20 GAMES. Season after season I ask this question. This post will make the answer easier to find when I search for my own user posts. Thank you!
12/8/2013 12:27 PM
Posted by golsen on 12/8/2013 12:27:00 PM (view original):
20 GAMES. Season after season I ask this question. This post will make the answer easier to find when I search for my own user posts. Thank you!
No it's DAYS.

I think it's tecwrg, who always says to make it easy to remember just promote them EXACTLY one week after the BL regular season starts. So if your team begins on Sunday 12/8/PM promote them after the pm game NEXT SUNDAY. 

Pretty easy to remember for those who forget from season to season.
12/8/2013 12:31 PM
Delayed Promotion Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.