Does anyone know what are the defensive and offensive environments that would cause forced fumbles?  My team in Wilkinson has forced a lot of fumble and has beaten some more talented teams because of it.  It occurred that this is something I may need to recruit for.

I can guess, but I'm hoping someone might have some actual insight into the (current) engine.

Thanks!

JC
6/4/2013 5:50 PM
I've noticed this occurs from my best Tacklers with the highest strength. But I haven't tracked any data to support this so it's just a hypothesis.
6/5/2013 3:32 AM
no clue....never really tracked it or looked at it.  But you have to look at the other side of the football also.....facing a wishbone is gonna give you more fumbles than if facing a shotgun (theoretically)
6/5/2013 6:42 AM
It's interesting.  In theory, I would say a defender with superior STR and TAK should force fumbles, and on the other side of the ball, a ball carrier with bad HAN ratings could be stripped.  As to the impact, I did a quick sort in my D1aa world on which teams force fumbles, and the top teams that do are also the top teams overall.  Working with a short field will for sure help you win ball games.
6/5/2013 12:10 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.