Practice - Diminishing Returns Topic

As anyone played around with practice minutes and have an advice as to what point you start to see diminishing returns?  I thought 20 minutes was the ideal time, but wanted to see if anyone had any practical experience with it.
6/4/2013 11:33 PM
Speaking from a "Value" standpoint:  In formation practice, 1 minute yields the highest return per minute. 2,3,4,5,6,7, 8, and 9 minutes appear to be fractional increases to the 1 minute.  But 10 minutes seems to (on average) double the results of 1 minute.  HOWEVER, I have no amount that will double the value of 10 minutes.  I have tried all the way up to 30 minutes in one slot.

There are several other ways to look at this. Above I explained Value but there is also absolute.  You can go with 25 minutes in your favorite offense, 10 in your 2 favorite defenses and never go lower than 10 in special teams.  25 minutes (with all conditions the same-which they never are) will yield more then 20, and 20 more then 15 etc.etc.

And then there is the one minute in all formations and load up the rest in individual practices(perhaps best approach for d3).

D1 is probably better off with 10 in your 2 best offense, 10 in a base defense(43,34, or perhaps 44), 10 in a nickel,  and the 1 minute in the dime and 52. Dime and 52 are used alot less then other defesnses.  
6/9/2013 10:17 AM
Practice - Diminishing Returns Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.