Rookie Rewrite League Topic

Hiring that private detective to follow David Stern around was a great idea. You now have some very incriminating photos to leverage yourself the overall first pick.

In this league, you pick any team and rewrite history with the first overall pick of your choice. (Example: the 2012/2013 Miami Heat add 2012/2013 Damian Lillard)

Can have multiple Celtics (or any other team) teams in the league, but franchise years will be exclusive to those who sign up first. Rookies will not be exclusive.

The player you draft must be a rookie in the year of your selected franchise. See above Lillard/Heat example.

No Salary Cap.
6/7/2013 1:21 AM (edited)
If we find 23 other owners, I'll pick my franchise and year last. Only franchise years will be exclusive, we can have multiple '79 Bird's.

98Average
Malone
Ben
Clintgreely
JHSukow
Shooter
6/25/2013 8:10 PM (edited)
I'm in and I'll take the '95-'96 Bulls with Brent Barry as my rookie
6/7/2013 12:21 PM
IN...79/80 Lakers with Larry Bird as my Rookie
6/7/2013 8:14 PM
Technically, Bird was drafted in 1978. The NBA had a rule back then that allowed a team to draft a player even if he stayed in school for his final season of eligibility provided that his original class was graduating. The team held the player's draft rights for a year & if they didn't sign him, he went into the back into the draft. The rule was promptly changed to prevent another situation's like Bird's. He would have been a part of the 1979 draft but for signing with the Celtics before the deadline.

There's a similar issue with David Robinson. He was drafted in 1987 but wasn't a rookie until 1989-90 because of his Naval Academy service obligations.
6/7/2013 10:35 PM (edited)
Not that anyone would want Blake necessarily, but he would be in that group as well.

Malone's choice is good. The idea is to add the first WIS eligible year of a player to another team.
6/8/2013 1:04 AM (edited)
I was thinking of the same combo as malone, but didn't know how Bird would be viewed.  Also didn't know how partial season players would be viewed.  What is the ruling on them: can you use their whole season, or just the part actually played for the team you pick? (Example would be Lansburger for malone.)
6/8/2013 12:51 AM
You can use partial seasons if you want, just not the partial season that they played for the other team. You can also use that players full year. Does that help answer your question?
6/8/2013 1:03 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 6/8/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):
You can use partial seasons if you want, just not the partial season that they played for the other team. You can also use that players full year. Does that help answer your question?
Yes it does.  Thanks.  Just makes me want to say "darn malone" even more. 
6/8/2013 11:24 AM
Yeah I love the Landsburger season...will say that I considered the 92-93 Bulls and Rockets to combine with Shaq.  
6/8/2013 2:59 PM
I will take the 97-98 Bulls with Duncan
6/8/2013 4:15 PM
That's the one I thought would go first. Welcome, Ben.
6/8/2013 4:25 PM
I'll take the 1992-93 Bulls with Shaq.
6/9/2013 10:11 AM
Doesn't look like this is going to get going, so FWIW, I'll share the two other teams I was trying to decide between since malone took those Lakers:

Option 1 - 1968 Lakers plus Unseld - Wilt and Wes (with some help from Elgin) would dominate the boards, pass the ball great for Bigs, score well, and make life easy
                                                            for Jerry.
Option 2 - 1989 Houston plus The Admiral - just can't get passed the fact that Olajuwon and Robinson would combine for over 6100 minutes of 100 D and block % of
                                                            at least 5.9.  Add in Thorpe and boards are plentiful.
6/15/2013 9:35 AM
the combination of first come first serve and no salary cap make this league unlikely to fill
6/15/2013 2:02 PM
12 Next ▸
Rookie Rewrite League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.