Record season 87-2 wins, 88-3 wins, 88-6 wins and last season 90-9 wins. Last season 89 in Bryant I searched for recruits to see what was out there and pulled in the recruits available. After last season with 9 wins I thought my vision would increase. Both searches were at 360 miles, I got the same recruits, no difference. As I mentioned I thought I would see a slightly different recruiting list. So why didn't I? Is it the 360 mile search? Why wouldn't I see slightly different and maybe a little better recruits? Or should I? Any enlightenment would be great and thanks
6/7/2013 9:44 AM
has the season officially rolled over? The best positions to watch are punters and kickers, at least in my oppinion. The increase will be minimal but it should increase with the average of the last three seasons improving. (my understanding of vision)
6/7/2013 1:24 PM
Yes the new season has began which is why I thought I would see some different recruits
6/7/2013 1:44 PM
expand your search radius or use Yatzr's tool to "see" which recruits are out of your vision
6/7/2013 2:13 PM
In my experience, vision is pretty much the same below about 20 wins in 3 seasons. Also, vision isn't an absolute. Having "x" vision doesn't mean you can see everything below a certain line. It's more like a percentage chance of seeing any particular recruit, and the better the recruit, the harder he is to see. Once you get above around 30 wins in 3 seasons, you'll start seeing more and more of the undecided recruits that the SIMs can't see.
6/9/2013 10:23 PM
I was just having this very discussion with rc1990 at Morehouse/Bryant.
My Cheyney team has 42 wins over the last three seasons ... yet, 3/4 of the guys signed by Morehouse this week were recruits I could not "see," including a quarterback from Philadelphia.
I don't want to speak for rc1990, but he was wondering if Final Four appearances could perhaps impact vision as well as total victories.
6/13/2013 12:59 PM
Morehouse has over 50 wins in the same timeframe, and it's hard to get to 50 wins without being in some final fours.
6/14/2013 12:28 PM
I guess that was the question ... is his vision superior to such an extent because of his 50 wins vs. my 42, or because of his final four appearances?
6/14/2013 5:13 PM
Pretty sure it's the wins. Trust me, my first NC didn't do crap for recruiting. It took a string of good seasons before I could see the recruits that better coaches could see.
6/14/2013 11:17 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.