All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > We've Gone To Far To Give Up Now!
6/14/2013 7:12 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 6/14/2013 1:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 6/14/2013 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by coach_deen on 6/11/2013 7:49:00 AM (view original):
starfinder, do you feel like all of the ratings need to meare or just certain ones? It looks to me like most ratings are on line, but some of the defensive positions, especially the DB's, aren't. The best DB's in the game still get burned time after time, and that shouldn't happen...
I mean ratings across the board. Right now you can test a team that you have somewhat built up against a horrible sim and if the run pass on the gameplan, they'll beat you the majority of the time
Not sure what you mean by "if the run pass on the game plan", but I beat all SIMS almost 100% of the time if not 100%...
Damn typos. That should read if you run a pass offense
6/15/2013 12:03 AM
Got it! Sorry! Now that we have that straight, I don't get what happening to you. I'm running a big time pass offense at Pitt St. (Argento) and I won the NT 2 seasons ago then went 3 games into the playoffs the next season. I think the biggest problem is that passing is working too well. My QB is throwing for 500+ YPG almost every game. What type of a passing game are you running?
6/15/2013 4:31 AM
Same here, One of my game plans is all shotgun all pass, another is wishbone all run, and my last is trips balanced. If I'm clearly the weaker team the gun usually lets me prevail. It doesn't matter how my OL matches up to their DL and so fourth.
6/15/2013 6:59 AM
Yeah, the shotgun seems to be the key. I can pass out of trips, pro-set, any other formation and not do as well, but when I run the shotgun we always put up huge numbers! I wonder if that in itself needs to be worked on? Do you think that's a possibility?
6/15/2013 10:44 AM
I cared at first.

Gimmicks are winning. It is good that we are finding them.

But until that gets leveled out, there is no sense in trying to really figure anything else out.

What we figure out today will be gone tomorrow.

So for now I recruit, poorly, set it and forget it.

6/15/2013 12:09 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 6/15/2013 6:59:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, the shotgun seems to be the key. I can pass out of trips, pro-set, any other formation and not do as well, but when I run the shotgun we always put up huge numbers! I wonder if that in itself needs to be worked on? Do you think that's a possibility?
Well I thought it was more dependent on the WRs, but the Hardin Baylor squad has poor WRs and through 10 test games I'm averaging 425 passing yds, -15 rush yds, and won all 10 games by an average score of 32-14.
6/20/2013 3:39 AM
Posted by cebrake on 6/14/2013 4:47:00 PM (view original):
I'm about ready to give it up.
I'm with you Charlie.  The GPs I set up that worked in season 3 are crap now and my teams have better talent this season.  It feels like whoever is "dialing it in" is just guessing
6/20/2013 4:40 AM
Beta is complete garbage!!!  I am one of those chuck and pray teams.  After scoring 70 last week against a sim, I went to a balanced attack against a human coach, and have 3 points at halftime tonight.  The guy is playing nickle and I came out running alot and getting 2 yards a carry.  Again a 77.8 completion percentage against me.  My guy is a better qb and has 40 yards passing.  He probably averages 600.  It's freakin useless, just scrap it and stick with 2.0.  What is so great and different than 2.0?  You can blitz?  Most of the coaches say the blitz doesn't work, and I agree.  3.0 looks better with all the gameplanning, and gimmicks, but It's just putting makeup on a pig!!!
6/20/2013 7:43 AM
makeup on a pig is how this sim SHOULD work

it should match real life stats and not match all you whiners complaining about this and that

and then they should doctor it up with description and whatnot to make you think you got a good game

it sims twice a day, a half at a time

so it needs to get the score right twice  a day

what is garbage is trying to get blocking and tackling right when blocking and tackling is nine layers removed from the half time score
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > We've Gone To Far To Give Up Now!

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.