Iphone5 or Galaxy S4 Topic

so not exactly baseball related - but since I will be using it a lot for WIS purposes (especially with talks of a WIS app in the future)- for those that have either of these phones, what one is better?  

I've never had an iphone (though my brother has had the 1st gen iphone for 5 years and still loves it) and am more familiar with android phones - however I've had lots of issues with androids (freezing, batteries quickly dying, slowness...etc) that has me ready to jump ship to apple -  

what were your reasons for getting (or not getting) either of these phones?  
6/8/2013 12:56 PM
I have an iphone 3gs that I use as an ipod.  One thing I do not like about it is that Apple doesn't run flash which severly limits free web content although that has nothing to do with WIS.
6/9/2013 2:17 PM
It depends on what you want to do with it.

I have an Iphone 5 (had 3GS) and an Andriod tablet.  Apple apps (in general) have a few less bugs, but don't let anyone tell you that they don't ever crash.  They do.
You sometimes need to play with android devices and apps to get them working right;  that drives some people crazy.

What irritates me about Apple is lack of good support for the phone. 5.  I had one in my pocket and got caught in a rainstorm, maybe 3 miinutes of walking with it in my pants pocket.  That fried the phone.  I took it to the Apple Store (had to make an appointment to see a "genius" who was a recent college grad and definitely did not qualify for Mensa), who told me I was SOL unless I bought a refurbished phone for $230. 

So I did.  Then 2 weeks later, my refurbished phone started acting up, and I made another genius appointment.  They told me it appeared to be deffective.  But, it was a refurbished phone with no warranty.  I was SOL unless I bought another refurbished phone for $230....  I think I see a pattern here.

IMO, they could design them to be a little more water resistant.  They could make their stores less pretentious.  And they could defintely offer better customer support on an expensive item like that.

So said, I still use it.  But anyone who brags about apple quality or customer support, IMO, doesn't know what they're talking about. 

My vote would go for the Galaxy because of the poor customer support
6/11/2013 3:30 PM
iphone 5
6/13/2013 10:29 PM
I went with the iphone 5 - the S4 was just uncomfortably big.  A lot of its added features that "set it above" the iphone were not very practical everyday uses
6/15/2013 12:49 PM
Iphone5 or Galaxy S4 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.