Schmidt full- thanks for interest Topic

Schmidt World is simulating the World Series and should soon rollover to Season 18. 

A little bit about Schmidt:

1. Balanced competition: the 5 last world series have been won by 5 different teams
          (correction: 5 of the last 6)

2. Remarkably deep roster of skilled owners: 15 have won World Series, and a couple others have gotten ever so close

3. Regretfully, none of the Schmidt owners are named chrisjanning (see #6 below)

4. We welcome newcomers: there is much active discussion in the community, via both world chat and trade chat, and newbies can usually get sound advice while learning the game; our experienced owners are typically helpful with 2nd opinions on evaluating trades, etc. 

5. (Relatively) low drama: we try to follow a low social cholesterol diet that includes regular servings of good humor 

6. Tanking is discouraged: our private world rules include a minimum win requirement in order to prevent abuses; when joining the league, no new owner is subject to the minimum win requirement in their first season; and we'll actually enforce the MWR (e.g. chrisjanning, who came up 7 games short of the MWR in his 5th season)

Currently available franchises include:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Trenton Makes, The World Takes Franchise Profile
a playoff squad with young, top-crust talents at the plate and at the top of the rotation — very likely to contend again.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Memphis Rebels Franchise Profile  (RESERVED)
this perennial playoff favorite is a masterpiece, assembled by veteran owner opie5.  You just won't believe the kind of pitching at your disposal here.  Think 2 Cy Young-quality pitchers is a luxury?  Try 5.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Philadelphia Freedom Franchise Profile
another perennial power franchise, but this one is re-trenching.  Has a Top 10 draft pick coming up.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - San Antonio Messengers Franchise Profile (RESERVED)
you can benefit from the previous owner's effort to semi-tank: several good intn'l FAs and draft picks are on the farm, and another top 10 draft pick is coming up. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - User Profile - zzookeepp (RESERVED)
a handyman's dream!  the former Dover franchise is ready for a turnaround.  Skeptical?  Try having draft picks #2 AND #4 in the coming draft.  We need not say more.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Scottsdale Redlegs Franchise Profile (RESERVED)
long-time Schmidt-head mjdato built an offensive juggernaut, and he's hanging up his cleats this season.  Add a little pitching, and this borderline playoff-contender is ready to compete again.  Draft picks #12 & 16 coming up...

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Arizona Comancheros Franchise Profile (RESERVED)
this is a solid squad that narrowly missed the playoffs last season. The parts fit, particularly in the field and at the plate.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Monterrey Revolutions Franchise Profile (RESERVED)
there's talented players on the roster, but they don't fit quite right, so this squad is at least a couple seasons away from seriously contending again.  Should have a top 5 draft pick coming up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please sitemail your queries to the commish (me) or post below.  We look forward to hearing from you!
6/27/2013 9:29 PM (edited)
Avoid this league.  A group of owners have been in there a long time and run the league behind the scenes.  "Low drama" is a comical understatement.  The tanking rule was put in place after many of the senior owners had collected talent by doing so themselves.  Honestly, look elsewhere.
6/10/2013 1:10 PM
Someone needs to back Chris so I will.   The Earl Weavers of HBD lurk  here and you will be their umpire   --- Ron Luciano would not venture here.       -----------------   -----bullet point #4 should be removed as the guy with the best sense of humor "me" has left     
6/10/2013 5:03 PM
I am currently in Schmidt and it is a solid world. There are definitely a few "know it all" owners that will get on your nerves, but I have yet to find a world that doesn't have those. I wouldn't let the character of certain owners stop you from joining this world. Overall, the quality of the world is good.
6/10/2013 7:42 PM
Janning is the only person who had been booted from the world in its existence. Let that speak for itself.
6/10/2013 7:54 PM
I am liking this world verdee, verdee much
6/11/2013 9:04 AM
Just finished my 2nd year and have really enjoyed the league and the owners. You will enjoy the league, we had some great division and wild card races come down to the last game of the season.
6/11/2013 10:20 AM
Make that FIVE different teams winning the last 6 World Series...
6/12/2013 10:41 AM (edited)
bmp
6/12/2013 11:45 AM
The former Dover franchise (with draft picks 2 and 3) is reserved.
6/12/2013 1:23 PM
bmp
6/13/2013 11:33 AM
And there is one of the senior owners who built a team by tanking for many seasons to the tune of 6 seasons with less than .400 winning percentage.  Yet he still remains...puzzling?  Avoid it.
6/13/2013 1:21 PM
Actually, if you want concrete proof on how toxic the world is just take a look at the world chat.  Nothing fun about that nonsense.
6/13/2013 1:28 PM
A 'tanking owner who remains' is not 'puzzling.'  League rules (e.g. MWR) to discourage tanking could not be applied retroactively.  What rebelt did was legal (even if discouraged) when he did it, and after the MWR was instituted, rebelt cleared the threshold easily.  

What is puzzling, however, is that chrisjanning can still be so bitter that his own FIVE-SEASON effort to tank fell afoul of the MWR several seasons after the rule was enacted.

Also puzzling: what does chrisjanning actually want to say?

Does chrisjanning advocate tanking?  Or does chrisjanning abhor dirty tankers and their ill-gotten riches?

Does chrisjanning suggest Private World rules (e.g. MWR) should not be enforced, so they don't actually count?  Or does chrisjanning think that there should have been a special exception for chrisjanning?  

Does chrisjanning think that Private World rules are just plain stupid and there shouldn't be any in the first place?  Actually, that's what chrisjanning said at the time, and there was an easy solution to that problem: chrisjanning could find a world that better suited chrisjanning.  

Would chrisjanning be surprised to hear that World Schmidt wished him well and all hoped chrisjanning found contentment elsewhere? 

Does chrisjanning need to move on with his life?  
6/13/2013 2:47 PM
Funny story about that well wishing.  During my last season, the league manager said if I showed signs of trying to improve my team to win that year (making trades) then I would be allowed to stay.  I made a few deals including sending the same owner one of my best prospects for a few veterans.  Missed the MWR and was still removed from the league.  Nice how that works.

Before people spend their money I think it is only fair to warn them about where they are going.  Plenty of leagues available.  Spend wisely and do your research folks.
6/13/2013 3:56 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Schmidt full- thanks for interest Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.