I would love to see an "All-Star" world in HD. Here's my idea.

It would only be D1 so that it could potentially be 100% full on an ongoing basis.

It would be open coaches who have won a title at any level of HD in another world.

It would also be open to coaches with at least 500 games experience in all of their worlds combined.

Firings would be "turned up" substantially.<br /> <br /> I could see some of the HD coaches that have retired coming back out of retirement for this world.

WIS could email them to notify them of the world.

If HD had a world like this, would you participate in it if you qualified?
6/12/2013 9:52 AM

The only way I would qualify would be the "500 games of experience". It would be a fun, competitive world, but I'd get killed.

6/12/2013 10:02 AM
Posted by p6453 on 6/12/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):

The only way I would qualify would be the "500 games of experience". It would be a fun, competitive world, but I'd get killed.

Same here. I have over 1300 *WINS* in HD history but haven't won a title. 
6/12/2013 10:05 AM
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 6/12/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 6/12/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):

Same here. I have over 1300 *WINS* in HD history but haven't won a title. 
1770-539 career in all worlds (Knight-Phelan-Tark)
6/12/2013 10:09 AM
how are you going to decide who gets what jobs?  also think the 500 games of experience is not nearly enough.  that's less than 20 seasons of play.  i think 1000+ wins, or maybe even more than that would be more appropriate.
6/12/2013 10:11 AM
in regard to my last comment if you really want to just duke it out with some of the best coaches maybe this could be the world where there is no baseline prestige...then who starts where really doesn't matter since everyone has the same chance to build their team
6/12/2013 10:12 AM
I'd love it.  Agree with everything bow2dacowz said...I also think 500 wins is a bit low.  1000 and make it no baseline prestige and I think people would jump at the chance.  Also think the increased firings would be needed (and an appreciated change).
6/12/2013 10:15 AM
I'd be interested.  I like blood baths.
6/12/2013 10:20 AM
I'm not a big fan of this for the reasons which correspond to the original points as follows:

1. I'm not as much of a fan of coaching D1 in HD, so to me, making an "only D1" world wouldn't be a good move no matter what it's used for.

2.  I assume by "won a title" you mean a national title. Well, I haven't won any of those (though I've come close several times). Why should that exclude me from participation in a world which includes other coaches who happened to win one more game than I have (the title game)? I see no reason to make this the qualifying standard.

3. This standard seems a bit more fair, but punishes people who play the game on a casual basis or don't spend as much money on HD as others.

Other than that, I like playing against a mix of opponents myself, both human and sim. I like that better than a world of all humans, so I'd probably not want to play in this type of world if it were full as you mentioned.

6/12/2013 10:21 AM
Agree with those who would rather see a career win requirement for invite, rather than simply a games coached threshold. Being bad for a very long time shouldn't be a ticket to an all-star league.

I'm in the process cutting back teams now, so not sure I would participate, but would definitely consider it.
6/12/2013 10:30 AM
This sounds amazing to me.
6/12/2013 10:34 AM
Well I have a title so I would defintaley do it sounds like fun not sure how I would fair though
6/12/2013 10:57 AM
I've thought about this before...one question is how much it should cost for each season in the world, or if it should be free?

How about this to simplify it a bit: your resume for this "Legends" world is the sum of all your other resumes, with only slight weight to recent seasons.

If the world is full and suddenly other coaches from outside the world have better overall resumes, you can get fired from the world despite in-world success.
6/12/2013 11:00 AM
Sounds intesting. Might get me to stay around a bit longer, but if its only D1, I'd get trampled so probably wouldn't last long.  Would need no baseline prestige too.   All that said, I am sure it will never happen. Even if we had a petition with 300 coaches ready to drop $15 for it, don't see WIS launching another world, especially one that would require tweaking to its code or carving out a special engine to only generate D1 players, have the entry requirement check, and ramp up firings.
6/12/2013 11:02 AM
I like the idea and would join in. I think it would need to be a world without baseline prestige though. 

That being said... WIS will never do it, we can't even get them to give us updates on what they are working on. 
6/12/2013 11:15 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.