With the retirement of coach_billyg, a palpable void has been left in the forums. There used to be a omnipresent voice; a knowledgeable, sometimes-objective-sometimes-subjective educated opinion that brought depth and gravitas to HD discussions. Others have held the unspoken role before (zhawks comes to mind) but we are now left without a proverbial HD shaman.

In times like this, it is up to someone in the HD community to stand up and - COLONELS SIT DOWN! - stand up and fill that void. Someone needs to pick up the flag and become that omnipresent logical idol. Not necessarily someone that everyone agrees with, but someone that everyone respects.
6/12/2013 10:11 AM
I kind of thought alblack was already like that...
6/12/2013 10:22 AM
  1. Get a word count from a cbg post
  2. Divide by 41
  3. Result: Number of words it takes girt to impart as much wisdom
Problem is...
  1. Count the number of girt posts in a month
  2. Multiply by 17
  3. Result: Number of cbg posts in a week
6/12/2013 10:29 AM
I just sent a ticket into CS asking for them to release an example of an in game equation.  Hopefully, they'll release a snippip of how an outcome is determined and then all the number crunchers will come out of the wood work.
6/12/2013 10:32 AM
Lol, just to clarify, there's no one here that can hold me down, and the fact that you suggested that zhawks EVER did, is rather laughable.  BillyG told me to pipe down a few times about the stinenavy/multiple team issue and I didn't.

I don't really have (that big of) a problem with anyone here so the responses you get from me are on a topic by topic basis.  I try to be a voice of reason but sometimes that bleeds into being "a people person, dammit!" lol...which can be good or bad, depending on how you view it...I've had a few women tell me that they want to see my bad side, but that's another story entirely I guess lol.

I'll leave it at that, and thanks for the mention ;)

6/12/2013 12:16 PM
There's such a void now, who else would compare issues on whatifsports.com to the Holocaust?
6/12/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 6/12/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):
There's such a void now, who else would compare issues on whatifsports.com to the Holocaust?
I really hope nobody.  
6/13/2013 6:53 AM
Not it.  I just occasionally chime in with my particular brand of BS and hope someone is interested and comments.  
6/13/2013 10:02 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.