120m Exclusive Captain League (3 in) Topic

Choose your captain then build your team off your captains initials.  For example... if you pick Greg Maddux then every player's first name must start with a G OR their last name must start with a M.  So... you can have George Foster (last name does not matter) and Willy Mays (first name does not matter).  Get it?  Post a comment if not.

Three minor details:
1. Your captain is EXCLUSIVE.  So no one else can use that player on their roster.
2. I am blacklisting Babe Ruth so no one can pick him OR use him on your team... sorry.
3. Your captain must be the highest paid player on your roster.

Other Details:
Salary cap: 120 million
YES: DH, any ballpark, random realignment
NO: Clones, injuries, WW, AAA, live requirement

Owner/Exclusive Captain
1. Daddyzander/Ed Walsh
2. Fatboydad54/Bob Gibson
24. lrctounc/

Site mail list:

Wait list:
6/16/2013 1:42 PM (edited)
I will jump in with Ed Walsh

one question, i assume reading above that i can have either an e first name, or w last name for every player, or is it just all e firsts and all w lasts

6/12/2013 5:46 PM
Welcome! Ed Walsh is off the board.
6/12/2013 7:25 PM
Sorry, missed the question... Either one. Each player does not have to have an E and a W. They can but its not mandatory.
6/12/2013 7:28 PM
6/13/2013 8:21 PM
I like the idea and I will pick Bob Gibson as my captain.

A warning though. A couple years ago I started a league using an exclusive player provision. It was very hard to attract owners because it is so difficult to work on your team until the the league fills. You must face the possibility that several of your key players may be chosen as exclusives, necessitating at major change in your roster.

That said I hope it fills. Sounds like fun.

FBD/Mike
6/15/2013 11:49 PM
Thanks for the advice! Ill give this another day or so any will contact you and daddyzander if we don't get a better response to see about changing it around a bit.
6/16/2013 1:42 PM
Christy Mathewson
6/17/2013 3:30 PM
120m Exclusive Captain League (3 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.