Player Expectations Topic

Looking at an IFA with a chance of developing into a weak gloved (Rng/Glv 87/76) CF. (B/T L/L)
Was curious what people would expect for his offensive output.  My 16M projections:
63/58/86/88/71  Spd 89, BR 100

Am I wrong in thinking he looks like a guy who will OBP ~.390 or more?

It is early in the season and I have the largest IFA budget and am unsure if this is my guy.  To top it off, he has a 91/98 Dur/Health projection.
6/12/2013 5:24 PM

I don't think he has an OBP of .390 or more.   Neither of these guys have the same speed but they have similar numbers otherwise.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ryan Buchanan   Mostly bats vs. righties
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Wayne Crawford  Plays full-time til he's tired

A good rule of thumb is to add eye to batting average for OBP.   It's pretty close in most cases.   So, in order to OBP close to .400, he'd have to bat .330ish.  Not happening.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cesar Aneury, with his 99 eye, hits over .300 and OBPs over .400.

Depending on your world, I'd expect your guy to hit .270-.290 with an OBP around .350ish.

6/12/2013 7:08 PM
I'd put him 10 points higher than Mike, but we're basically in agreement.  That said, if he hits those projections he'll hit enough doubles and triples to slug .460-.480. When you add in the 40 or so SB with 2 CS that's a nice offensive player, good enough to carry the errors in CF or even play LF with the Gold Glove defense at that position.
6/13/2013 10:05 AM
He's going to be good offensively. He's probably not a CF though.
6/13/2013 10:56 AM
The real question is that @ the start of the season do you bite on this guy or hope for something better or comparable later in the year in IFA? Would love to hear thoughts on this.
6/13/2013 10:14 PM
That is the question I have been waffling over. This guy is only 19 and close enough to make all of my projections look very reasonable. He also has enough of a throwing arm to play RF if CF doesn't work out. He is certainly no HOFer but will be a great contributor. After looking at last season's thin IFA crop I guess I am leaning towards "a bird in the hand..."
6/14/2013 12:11 AM
I'm right with you man. But I know that if I let you sign Him there won't be a damn thing the rest of the year and If I grab him next week there will be a 90/90 sp.
6/14/2013 3:48 AM
Player Expectations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.