Budget allocating - advanced scouting Topic

Just a thought - A newbie asked me recently what I thought about a particular player, and shared with me his projected ratings.  I asked him what he allocated in ADV, and then realized that even if he told me "14" it may not mean very much anyway.  Maybe we should allow a new player, in his/her first year, to allocate any number between 6-20 in ADV (and medical, and durability, which I know have been suggested a few times.)  Not below 6, so that there's little risk of this player thinking they made a big mistake and leaving his team after a year.  But this way if they want to consider trades in their first year, they can potentially judge the other players they're considering trading for with a reasonable idea of what they'll develop into.

I'm mostly spitballing.  It's possible I think this is a bad idea later today.
6/14/2013 1:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
There you go.  You take it another level, I don't hate the idea.  14 really doesn't do much.
6/14/2013 2:00 PM
I'm all for completely free budget setting when an experienced GM picks up a new team.  Wasting money on Adv Scouting and having low Training budget hurt you with injuries and veteran skill degradation are annoying when picking up a new team.

For newbies, if they are going to lock out the advanced GM screen for the first few seasons, they should also force 20M Advanced scouting as well.
6/18/2013 1:13 PM
Budget allocating - advanced scouting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.