All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Suggestions > Budget allocating - advanced scouting
6/14/2013 1:55 PM
Just a thought - A newbie asked me recently what I thought about a particular player, and shared with me his projected ratings.  I asked him what he allocated in ADV, and then realized that even if he told me "14" it may not mean very much anyway.  Maybe we should allow a new player, in his/her first year, to allocate any number between 6-20 in ADV (and medical, and durability, which I know have been suggested a few times.)  Not below 6, so that there's little risk of this player thinking they made a big mistake and leaving his team after a year.  But this way if they want to consider trades in their first year, they can potentially judge the other players they're considering trading for with a reasonable idea of what they'll develop into.

I'm mostly spitballing.  It's possible I think this is a bad idea later today.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
6/14/2013 2:00 PM
There you go.  You take it another level, I don't hate the idea.  14 really doesn't do much.
6/15/2013 10:15 AM
I understand the $4M increments, and they're a good idea. But the $6M to $14M range for new owners never has made a lot of sense to me. It effectively allows for changes as significant as $14 million. For example, if I take over a team that was spending $0 on high school scouting, I immediately can bump that to $14M. If WIS is going to allow that kind of a swing in spending from old owner to new, why not just allow new owners complete freedom with their budgets?

As well, it sometimes forces owners to needlessly and completely unrealistically spend money. For example, if I decide to take on a second team and the previous owner of the team I take hasn't spent money on advance scouting in years, I'm still forced to waste $8M on it over my first two years with the team. That's just silly.
6/18/2013 1:13 PM
I'm all for completely free budget setting when an experienced GM picks up a new team.  Wasting money on Adv Scouting and having low Training budget hurt you with injuries and veteran skill degradation are annoying when picking up a new team.

For newbies, if they are going to lock out the advanced GM screen for the first few seasons, they should also force 20M Advanced scouting as well.
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Suggestions > Budget allocating - advanced scouting

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.