6/16/2013 1:54 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm sure you're working your tail off, but I for one would appreciate a little more communication as to where you are, what you're working on, etc. I don't have a lot of time for beta but do want to make what time I do have as constructive and helpful as possible. That said, if I know more about where you're at I may be able to test the parts of the game that are the most important at that time. Thanks in advance!
6/16/2013 12:13 PM
Oriole - You are way too quiet in these forums! Take 15 min EVERY day to talk to the customers.
6/16/2013 2:23 PM
I think that we are backing up and should trash v3.
6/16/2013 3:24 PM
cebrake...Looking at your resume, I have to value your opinion, but I also disagree. What part of 3.0 do you believe can't be fixed? If you look at it piece by piece, instead of as a whole (at this point), I believe it's closer than most people think. The running game isn't there yet, but it's close enough that I know it will be okay. The passing game is still off, but closer than it was a couple of weeks ago. I feel like oriole is probably spending so much of his time trying to fix the passing game it leaves little time for anything else. That said, once the passing game is fixed it should cause a domino effect. Once he has the time to work on the running game and all of the other smaller issues I honestly believe they'll fall in place pretty quick.
6/16/2013 6:33 PM
It's not what can't be fixed deen. It's, is anyone capable of fixing it.? And we are no closer to playing the game than the day the idea of v3 began. 
6/17/2013 1:35 PM
coach_deen, 
My apologies about not contributing to the forums more often. Right now I'm sort of dissecting what is currently there and reevaluating based on necessity. For the first few weeks I launched into this code base and started tweaking the numbers and helping out where I could as I picked it up. Now I'm in process of reorganizing the inputs to allow us to more thoroughly unit tests certain aspects of the game. I know this doesn't sound romantic at this point, but I assure that as I better organize the information it will be much easier to tweak the numbers to the good combination of lifelike and requested. This has left me working long hours of coding and testing. I'm not trying to neglect the forums and as I get to the point where more of this stuff is easy to change you I'll ping the forums much more often. 

cebrake, rest assured that v3 isn't the issue. the changes that I have made to make the game look like it has "backed up" are not a function of the engine and are merely a tweak of the inputs used. I have heard that things are too conservative, and I'm working on making the matchups more believable as I go.

As for time frame, I'm hoping to use this Season to test the combinations and make sure that everything is tweaked in a way that will work best. As we go I'll be shedding a little more light on how the calculations are done and how the inputs are used. After this season, we are looking to have one more season to get everything squared away and add the injuries, penalties, etc back in. That's our goal for now (subject to change) but after that season is when we'll be making a decision on how to roll out the beta. 

You guys have been very helpful, and I hope you'll stick with us through this season and next to help us attain the perfect combinations 

6/17/2013 8:40 PM
No apology needed, oriole, I'm just happy you're on top of things...and doing a great job in my book! I'm here for the duration, regardless how long it takes. Just want to get it right!
6/17/2013 8:41 PM
Whoops! coach_billyb & coach_deen the same! (LOL) Sorry!

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.