All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > 2 questions for you beta gurus.
6/16/2013 8:33 AM
After 3 seasons and 1 NC, I have not yet figured out  the purpose of user 1 & user 2? Anyone know? It, like most of the rest of v3, obviously isn't very important, but what are they for?
And does anyone know how to completely get rid of a gameplan in your playbook? Other than changing it's name and going in and changing everything already existing in it. In other words if I now have 5, and only want 2, how do I erase the other 3?
I don't think that this project will ever fly. And you old timers thought that Joe Conte was bad.
Thanks.
6/16/2013 9:51 AM
As of right now, you're stuck with gameplans... no way to delete them, so the best bet it to copy from your main ones and use them as 2nd half adjustment gameplans.

User 1 and User 2 are great features and I beg to differ that they are not very important.  I have very specific guys that I want to play in very specific positions on the O line, particularly at center.  If I plug in 3 guys at the "guard/center" drop down, the cpu will randomize who they are, but I want a very specific player at center, so I use the "User 1" option for center.  Same with nickle and dime or the 4'th LB in a 4-4.  I can put exactly who I want in those positions, and I can tell you after toying around with different players against different formations, it does make a difference who you have plugged in at certain positions.  I can easily assign who/where I want the extra DB(s) in dime and nickle.

No deletion of gameplans is kind of a drag, but I've found ways to use the old ones easily with all the new copy/paste features, but the User 1, et.al., options are one of the better points of Beta in my opinion.
6/16/2013 11:14 AM
Thank you Sir.
6/16/2013 12:47 PM
Where do u find these at
6/17/2013 4:54 AM
starfinder, every position has them in the depth chart, and like mannowar say's, they are pretty awesome! I use them for almost every position in one way or another, but especially TE. You can convert a WR to TE and use him only in plays when the TE is in a pass route, etc. My TE1 in Gannon is my leading receiver!
6/18/2013 1:55 AM
you have to click the Use Advanced Formations button

that button should be blanked out for the beta for the sake of good data
6/18/2013 2:39 AM
Thanks bag, didn't even think of that!
6/18/2013 1:37 PM
User 1 and User 2 were implemented for advanced position roles since we don't allow a custom number of position roles per user.  We tried to create a position role for most of the roles a player might play for a position but we also wanted users to have the ability to have a custom role or two.  You could use this for anything - maybe use it for recruiting and factoring in other ratings such as durability and work ethic while excluding these ratings in your main roles.

Currently, it is not possible to delete a playbook.  It is something that we can explore though. Soon we'll be releasing an update that includes the ability to import all the settings from one playbook to another.  This will work similar to copying from a playbook into a new playbook but will allow it within existing playbooks.
6/18/2013 2:58 PM
redhawk, I believe being able to delete a playbook is pretty important to some. I don't think it's a big deal right now but I do think it's important that we know it's coming sooner or later...
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > 2 questions for you beta gurus.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.