What does the bullpen coach do? Topic

What is exactly does the bullpen coach do in this game and is he all that important?
6/16/2013 8:14 PM
Development of RP.   I don't think so.
6/17/2013 10:28 AM
I thought that his skill rating is combined with the PC, and affects the whole pitching staff.  I very well could be wrong though.
6/17/2013 1:22 PM
That could be it also.  I've had trouble justifying, in my head, what SIMMY decides is a RP.  Obviously the 25 stamina guy is but what about long relievers?
6/17/2013 2:47 PM
I believe All Pitching ratings, from all the coaches, effect pitching during a season as well as development of pitchers from season to season.  Same with Hitting ratings or any other rating.  The Hitting coach that has a measly 41 pitching rating is better than the hitting coach with a 9 pitching rating regarding your staff, providing his core rating, hitting, is the same.  Others may not believe this, but it seems to be the case with the teams I have had.
6/18/2013 12:19 PM
Darrin Milton just when as a Type A FA in my world, which with his 73 OVR I think must indicate that the engine read him as a reliever.  This makes me almost certain that P's with stamina under 50 are relievers and those over are starters..

As for the bullpen coach, I have no idea what that dude does and I can never decide what attributes to privilege.  If somebody figures it out, please tell me.
6/19/2013 9:11 PM
From the help section.

Pitching coaches and bullpen coaches impact pitcher ratings. Hitting coaches, 1B coaches and 3B coaches impact hitting and baserunning ratings.
6/20/2013 12:21 AM
What does the bullpen coach do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.