Is it only a matter of time? Topic

Posted by hitman1979 on 6/17/2013 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Same to you thomper.  Although if this continues I won't be back for long.
Yeah, I got the itch to come back, so I'll give it a couple more seasons.
6/17/2013 3:10 PM
I just requested a refund on my only remaining season, so I'm done with HD.  I'll hang around GD for a while though.  You can find me there - Wilkinson World, MIAA conference.
6/17/2013 3:47 PM
The sky isn't falling quite yet.  There are to many diehards playing this game and enough new blood coming in to sustain for awhile.  For any who are bored cut back on teams, don't leave.  I've only ever had teams in 3 worlds so i certainly haven't played the amount of games that some have.  I believe that 3 teams is totally manageable in one-a-day world with minimum effort, especially if you know the game.  As far as burnout, i've been there but kept on plugging along, jumping divisions, teams, etc. to shake the cobwebsbut never left.  Of course, i've had my issues with the game over the years but i can't deny that this is a great game.  I have never played anything like it in my life.  Obviously can't speak for anyone else but i'm not leaving til they turn out the lights and close the doors.
6/17/2013 8:49 PM
To be honest, I'm not "mad" at the game at all or anything, just after playing for a while I get disinterested/bored...again I guess I kind of feel blah right now, but that's pretty much in all stages of life.  No improvement, update, etc. would make me like the game any more or less than I do now.  I hung around on the boards when i was just playing sporadically, so you've got a lifetime of me to go lol.
6/17/2013 9:21 PM
just take some testosterone suppliments and you won't feel so blah, colonels
6/18/2013 10:04 AM
Posted by trobone on 6/17/2013 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 6/17/2013 9:47:00 AM (view original):
Clutch Racing Dynasty closed, presumably because of lack of interest.
I'm guessing the soccer game won't be far behind. Tried it for a bit, man did it suck. 

FC Dynasty is always something that's puzzled/irritated me since it's existence...norbert (the FC Dynasty programmer) and I had it out a few times over the game...I find it mundane and boring, but I guess I was more ****** (at the time) that WIS was "wasting" time on a FREE game while arguably neglecting the games that people pay for.  Norbert ran the NFL sim at the time (and perhaps still does?), so to see FC Dynasty get precedence over the NFL sim or any other "pay" game kind of irked me.  They seemed to have thought that the FC players would bleed into the "pay" games, but how much of that has really happened?  I know ad dollars were/are important to that game as well, but in my estimation, it's gotten too much grease.

In similar news, they had to create a colonels19 rule here because I was exploiting a stadium/attendance glitch and my stadium ended up being larger than anyone elses could have ever been lol.

6/18/2013 11:43 AM
Well, the business model here is really bad.  Everything is very short-sighted, and they seem to have programmers providing "customer service."  They basically want to make money in the short term at the expense of the long term.  They'll probably keep running on the backs of people that don't care about that, and/or are addicted to the game, but if they knew what they were doing, we wouldn't have literally hundreds of vacancies in every world.
6/18/2013 11:55 AM
Unfortunately, from the conversations I've had with them, the programmers hands are tied by the company and they don't really have the resources to support/create a growing business.
6/18/2013 12:17 PM
Despite certain issues, I have no doubt the game isn't going anywhere in the near future. Is it only a matter of time? Sure! 200 years? 100? 50? Really not worried too much right now.
6/18/2013 2:27 PM
The reason the game likely won't go away soon is because despite the fact that it could be improved, it's pretty awesome the way it is. Sure, it has its flaws, but overall it's well done and is worth the money we pay for it right now.
6/18/2013 2:29 PM
I think the cost to run the game must be really low, which is why they don't care about retaining current customers or bringing in new ones.
6/18/2013 2:47 PM
◂ Prev 12
Is it only a matter of time? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.