Most Scouting Trips? Topic

I was wondering what the most scouting trips any of you have sent without bring able to get the player to accept visits? This was a player that gave me the "backup option" email and had a B prestige Sim on him. I had a D prestige and was within 70 miles. I sent 80 scouting trips and never got him to accept any visits. This is the first time I've ever not been able to get someone to not accept visits who said they were rolling to look at me, so I kept thinking we were just one scouting trip away.
6/18/2013 6:46 AM
I may not be understanding this correctly, but recruits cannot deny you scouting trips. They can deny home/campus visits.

Did you send a scholarship when you began scouting him?

6/18/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by paynebrow on 6/18/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
I may not be understanding this correctly, but recruits cannot deny you scouting trips. They can deny home/campus visits.

Did you send a scholarship when you began scouting him?

Your not understanding it correctly payne. He means he sent 80 scouting trips and the guy wont accept a campus/home vists.

I think you should you wait for him to send you a message saying he is ready to be recruited by you. That is a lot of scouting trips to not be able to send him a home vist.
6/18/2013 2:15 PM
The problem may have been the Sim was already on him and had too high a prestige compared with you for the guy to care about your efforts with the scouting trips. 

I don't bother trying to pull the recruit away from the sim in situations like yours. If you also had B prestige it might be worth a try, but not at D. Just my two cents.

6/18/2013 2:23 PM
as an A+ prestige in d2, i;ve had players never accept a home or campus visit - even after they are considering me...scouting trips and a scholarship offer seems to be enough (20+ scouting for 150+ d1 ranked players). i don't understand it, but it saves recruiting cash.
6/18/2013 7:13 PM
Lesson learned, but I figured I would at least be able to get him to accept home visits and then try to battle the sim from there. But I guess not. Just good knowledge for the future.
6/19/2013 10:02 AM
Most Scouting Trips? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.