took over Keuka in Phelan. Had a team with only sophs. Recruited 5 freshman players (my first recruiting class). Now I'm sitting here, with no schollys, the next time ill have schollys is when those sophs graduate in 2 seasons. all my centers are sophs. Should I take away a scholly, and find a transfer with one year left? which would open a scholly for next year? ps- I only have $1300 for recruiting.
6/18/2013 7:23 PM
You have 3 choices:
  1. Cut Dubois and sign a sophomore; redshirt no one.
  2. Cut Dubois and sign a freshman; redshirt a sophomore.
  3. Redshirt a Junior and cut no one. 
Obviously, Dubois is not worth allowing on the court.  The bigger issue is that you need to make a correction to your class sizes.  You can either go 0/6/6/0 or 0/6/4/2, but it is not optimal to go as is: 0/7/5/0.   The bonus money would get carried over at 100%, if you don't rescind any scholarships, but you are limited to receiving at most 6 scholarships worth (i.e. $18,000) per recruiting cycle.  So, you won't get any money when one of your 7 member class graduates.   

I would wait until just before signings start.  You don't have the money to battle, or really scout.  So, you can try to apply the redshirt to a few of your players that might benefit from the extra year.  If not, then try to find an undecided freshman or sophomore to sign just before signings start.  If you find one you think may be worth it, then cut Dubois and go for it.

6/18/2013 7:59 PM
I think I'll go with the red shirt idea. If I cut Dubois, and cant get anyone to sign, the computer will find some scrub to fill my roster correct? Would the scrub be on scholly? or a walk on?

I didnt plan on having 7 juniors, lol. I prolly should have checked the team out before I took it over, but with Keuka being my hometown school, I really wanted it.
6/18/2013 8:05 PM
Dubois has the highest rebounding, shot blocking, low post and work ethic, out of all of my centers. Is his athleticism making you say he doesnt belong on the floor? I knew it was low (I didnt recruit him, lol) but I guess  I didnt really know how much that would impact the other ratings
6/18/2013 8:08 PM
I think I would actually cut Breese instead.  Dubois' Reb and LP seem more useful than anything Breese can do.  But yeah, neither is a guy you'd actually want to recruit.

6/18/2013 8:38 PM
I just noticed that I have until 6pm east coast time tomorrow to make a decision. Thought it was midnight tonight, which would give me 3 hours. I'll check it out tomorrow at work. It's 90 degrees up here in ol Alaska, I'm gonna go enjoy it. Thanks for all the input, guys. I sure need it lol
6/18/2013 9:10 PM
killbatman is probably right between Breese & Dubois.  It really depends on their remaining potential (I'm sure that Dubois has no more ATH potential, but Breese might).   

I'll correct you on one thing.  You have until 7:59 pm est on the day signings start to cut a player.  You're in Phelan, so that makes it Friday!   In Alaska, can you even tell day from night at this time of year?  Whatever...you've got time...just don't forget to rescind the schollie if that's what you decide to do.  Keep in mind, if you end up battling for a recruit, then you may regret having posted your budget in the forums.  

6/18/2013 10:08 PM
haha, If anyone wants to battle ol Keuka College for a recruit, they might be in worse shape than me!

Ahh, 24 hours of daylight. I've been up here 3 years, and it still amazes me
6/19/2013 11:52 AM
Go for the redshirt option, you'll bank ALL the conference cash you get from the recruiting period.

Also, if you fail to fill an opening, the sim will not fill it 'for you' unless you literally never clicked a for your recruiting efforts.
6/19/2013 12:26 PM
it'll get filled by a walk on that most likely wont be able to chew gum and walk at the same time without tripping a few times
6/19/2013 12:39 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.