Would any of you mind taking a look at my roster and tell me what I could do better?

It feels like I have tried everything but I'm sure there is more that can be done with this team?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
6/18/2013 10:18 PM
Just atrocious defense.  You're going to have to change your recruiting philosophy and go after players with significantly better ATH/DEF.  Most of your starters have pretty good ratings aside from ATH/DEF, so you're on the right track.  But the fact that your first player off the bench has a defense rating of 2 tells you pretty much all you need to know about that team.
6/18/2013 10:30 PM
Hey I coach them too...your roster on the whole just isn't that good, looks like you focus a lot on LP and PER but not a lot on much else.  I know it's a tough area to recruit in, but you need to find more well rounded players.
6/18/2013 10:34 PM
looks like you focused on LP and PER and ignored the rest...it's way better off to recruit solely on ATH and DEF and ignore the rest.  This team would stink in D3.  Just balance out the talent a bit and you'll be just fine
6/18/2013 11:25 PM
Read this: http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=453763

Also, feel free to sitemail me if you have any specific questions. GL!
6/19/2013 12:28 AM
Just by glancing at this for 2 mins..

it looks like you started Threlkeld/Myers in your most recent game at PF/C. I'm  not really sure if you were just trying to give threlkeld minutes or what but his ath/def is atrocious.  Get Hoffman (43/28 def compared to 16/20 for threlked) in your lineup immediately.   

I'd do the following at pf/c

PF - Hoffman/Atchison/Branson/Staley
C - Myers/Branson/Atchison/Staley

if you notice.. i didnt even mention Threlkeld in the top 4 at either position.. i just think he's that bad and should be relegated to bench warmer/waterboy duties..

I'd like to echo the other comments in here as well... recruit more ath/def and you should start seeing more wins.  with a m2m defense, you're getting thumped b/c of the horrible defense ratings.  I'd say you want at least 40+ at defense at d2 and thats bare minimum and you arent even sniffing that with 80% of your team .   Wilber is a 19ath/11def and its sad to say that he's your best option at guard.  Same with branson for you backup C position.  15ath/2def. Honestly,  If i was playing you, i'd take my PG/PF/C and up their distro and just make them eat you alive at those 3 positions.  Anyway, i hope thats not too harsh as I mean this in a helpful way :)
6/19/2013 1:02 AM
Agreed with above, the D and ATH look very bad.  You will be amazed at how much better your team can be if you can work on those.  Also, I run a triangle, and I have to be honest I have never really understood the nuts and bolts of it, but I do my best to try and have a great P/BH PG.  If he can shoot, its gravy.  Athletic SG who can just flat out freaking shoot.  A SF that can rebound, and of course, shoot.  A PF that is big time ATH, reb, and yes, shoot the ball.  The C to me is my X factor.  If he is a goon who block shots and plays D, so be it.  I've got 4 other guys who can fill up the basket, rebound, move quick, and hang with other teams.  You may want to even consider your PF spot as a hybrid.  Put a SF in that spot as well if he can rebound, play a little lost post, but again, can shoot.  You need 3 shooters on the floor, pick from 1-4.  Recruiting SF and PF becomes a bit more of a challenge, but its alot of fun.  
I know its a long list, but you need to keep an eye on your passer rating.  Teams that can handle the ball and shoot do much better in the triangle.  Good luck.
6/20/2013 5:23 PM
I would mostly echo what pureh21 has to say except I would take the defense a step or two farther. I would say 50 is the absolute bare minimum, and by that I mean all his other cores have to be amazing. I really don't want anyone on the floor with a sub 60 defense, and I play zone.
6/20/2013 7:09 PM
Thanks everyone.. I do appreciate the hep
6/22/2013 8:04 PM
It looks like you're doing the same thing with both of your ID's.  Your one recruit in Livingstone (on your money_time account) and most of the your recruits from Richard Stockton, match the recruiting tendencies of your mrwiggles (creepy!) account.  Only one of those players has a DEF over 50 and he's a senior  It's already been mentioned here multiple times and I have to agree that looking for guys with higher ATH/DEF will be your key to greater success.

There is literally a ton of useful information to be found outside of the "help" guides that WIS provides.  Some of it takes a little effort to locate, but if you piece it all together and are able to seperate fact from fiction, it will all start to make sense.  For example, when I first started in HD, I had no idea that ATH was so important.  I also had no idea that in the zone, defensive ratings (not just DEF) are averaged.  I had a mentor give me a bunch of great tips and point me in the right direction here on the forums.  Thanks for that btw "m".  Anyway, I could go on and on.  You are definitely on the right track, so no worries.  Once you start to apply the things mentioned here, your opponents will find it much more difficult to exploit your weaknesses. 
6/23/2013 4:01 AM
Everybody has hit your roster problems...it is ATH and DEF.  These guys are also a pretty good group of Coaches.  Follow their advice, and you will be better for it!
6/23/2013 8:50 AM
in this thread - the nearest to the edge legality of multiple id teams I've ever seen...

Livingstone - Salisbury, NC to SW Minnesota St - Marshall, MN 1,010 miles...

(and no, I wasn't going to report it if it was less. The whole debacle of last month made me curious is all...)
6/23/2013 11:30 AM
Echoing the same ... Get thyself some ath and def. four guys under twenty ath and two over forty in def? Need to be pushing toward sixty team rating in those ratings at d2
6/23/2013 1:54 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.