Quick recruiting question Topic

I got a message that I am a backup option. What should I do in recruiting?
6/19/2013 11:13 PM
You've got two options:

1. Try and "pull down" the recruit by sending scouting visits at him.  You can start with 10 the first cycle, then 5ish every cycle after that until he considers you.  Use this method on recruits you are really high on.  Make sure to use scouting visits, because a player can reject home and campus visits.

2.  Do nothing and wait until the player "drops down" to you.  You'll get another call from the player out of the blue saying that he was shooting too high and is willing to talk now, or something to that extent.  This is more unpredictable because you have no way of knowing if/when the player will drop down to you, but cheaper because you don't need to use as many SV's to get the player to consider you once he finally drops.

6/19/2013 11:51 PM
You have an option to either pull the recruit down, or wait for the recruit to drop down. If you're at DII it may be a good idea to pull him down, as described in the previous post (it would also help if he was close to you, like within 360 miles), and if you're at D3 or the recruit is farther than than 360 miles from you, it's probably best to just wait for him to drop down. If you have any questions, feel free to sitemail me.
6/19/2013 11:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys. One more question. It said I was a back up option but he's a d3 recruit and I'm in d3. What do I do in This situation?
6/20/2013 12:36 AM
If the recruit is D3 and you're D3, you should be able to recruit him with HVs or CVs. 
6/20/2013 12:47 AM
Thank you everyone!
6/20/2013 12:51 AM
Posted by jetsrok68 on 6/20/2013 12:36:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for the info guys. One more question. It said I was a back up option but he's a d3 recruit and I'm in d3. What do I do in This situation?
Are you sure that you got the backup message?  Do you remember what the message said?  If he is showing up in your D3 search then he isn't a pulldown, maybe you just misinterpreted the email.  You can freely recruit this guy with HV's or CV's, whichever is more cost effective at your distance.  Try calling his coach again and post the response here if you're still not certain.
6/20/2013 12:52 AM
Just realized he was a d2 recruit. Thanks for the suggestions!
6/20/2013 1:09 AM
glad to see that OP was just mistaken about the shown division of the recruit, but it is not 100% that if he were D3 he'd be recruitable (it'd be about 99.8% or so I'd guess). There have been instances where players listed as X division recruits were not immediately acceptable to HV/CV recruiting by teams of the same level (D3 or D2). 

Also, OP, check this out:

HD Pulldown Advice.doc - Google Docs
6/20/2013 8:55 AM
Quick recruiting question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.