questions on low ratings and WE Topic

i;ve been out of the game for a long time, i vaguely recall they might have changed WE where the very low WE could be brought up with minutes and starts and a similar speed to someone with a high WE

whereas years ago a low WE of say 1-10 was probably not going to budge much kind of like a 1 rating never moved.  is that right?

do low ratings of say 1-2 move up quickly if they are high potential now as well?  where before they wouldn't budge?

thanks in advance
6/20/2013 8:08 AM
WE will improve with starts, but very low WE won't improve very much. Same for attributes. Anything below 10 will never be high potential now, and most people believe that the attributes are on something that resembles a curve where improvement is slow at the ends (when the rating is very low or very high) and more rapid in the middle. If the potential is high-high it will improve faster, but even then if the player has very low WE and a low starting value he will almost certainly never come close to reaching that potential.
6/20/2013 8:40 AM
great thanks
6/20/2013 9:31 AM
Good to see you back playing HD jj!

My general rule is a min of about 25-30 WE for a 4 year player who I really want to improve.  Lower than 25 or so and he'll really struggle to max out his potential.  And players in the high 20s or low 30s WE need lots of early starts/PT to get the WE moving in the right direction.  I do think it's worth signing players with WE in the teens sometimes if the ratings are good enough starting out..you just have to expect that they won't improve a ton, even with lots of PT.
6/20/2013 2:31 PM
WE improves too slowly to make a player with a WE<10 useful, unless you are satisfied with his current ratings. All those players do is frustrate me, so I stay away from anything under 15 WE, usually even include that in my search criteria.

I kinda wish that early starts and playing time would improve WE more than they currently do.
6/20/2013 3:34 PM
Agree.  I've been stuck with a guy with a 23 WE for 4 seasons.  He has seen the court a ton but very limited improvement.  I've raised my minimum to about 40 WE.
6/20/2013 5:08 PM
questions on low ratings and WE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.