Recruiting question Topic

I called a d2 recruit to see if I could pull him down. It didn't say he declined the call but I got no email saying if he was interested or not. Does this mean he is not interested?
6/21/2013 3:40 PM
Try using a coach call on the recruit because you will always get a response telling you whether you're a backup option(and can pull him down) or you have no shot at him.
6/21/2013 3:43 PM
yes. check the recruiting page. sometimes the $10 charge for the call will be refunded, and in those cases its easy to see that the player refused contact (and is not pullable). Other times the kid will ignore the call but you still get charged. These are tougher to spot, but as you say, if you don't get a reply he is not interested. I have heard rumors (like stories of yeti or Loch Ness monster) that it may still be possible to recruit these players, but I've never been able to do anything by  sending more effort other than to get the kid to finally tell me to eff off. YMMV.
6/21/2013 3:44 PM
Posted by apk4senate on 6/21/2013 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Try using a coach call on the recruit because you will always get a response telling you whether you're a backup option(and can pull him down) or you have no shot at him.
this way works as well - my way above sometimes saves 10 bucks...to each his own
6/21/2013 3:45 PM
I sent a coach call and dac the call was not refunded
6/21/2013 3:50 PM
if the coach call says anything other than some variant of "I know my players pretty well and I think you are chasing something you cannot catch" or "so and so has never mentioned (your school) - at least not positively" I'll eat my hat...
6/21/2013 3:53 PM
Recruiting question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.