Im pretty new in the GD world so go easy on me as im sure the answer is somewhere I havent looked.

But can you play a K at P, and vice versa IF you only have one of the positions on the roster.

Currently I have a Kicker but no Punter, dont really want to sign a Punter. 

If so how?

Thanks!
6/22/2013 9:02 AM
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think if you don't have one or the other, it'll automatically put the kicker as the punter, or punter as the kicker.  Now, if you don't have either one, it puts a QB at both positions.  Personally, I always recruit both my kicker and punter in the same recruiting season, then I don't have to worry about it for another 4 seasons.
6/22/2013 12:29 PM
Yes--however, although long ago you could get away with just having a kicker, now if you do this you'll have to live with 20 yard punts.  Most feel it is best to have one of each; recruit one every other season....  Hope this helps!
6/22/2013 1:54 PM
I recruit a punter when my punter graduates, same for kicker. Never more than one of each, and I don't care at all about the spacing. Also, if you dont want to recruit one or the other this season, and you have a crappy QB, you can position switch to P or K, but only from QB
6/22/2013 3:31 PM
+1 to what they said....If you are going to only go with one, I would highly recommend a P.   Your punter will make most PATs and short field goals, but a Kicker handling punting duties will provide great field position for your competition. 

Other option, leave a scholarship open which will result in your assistant coach recruiting one for you and use the money for recruiting battles.

6/22/2013 4:01 PM
I had my QB do all the kicking in the pre-season.   The defense hated the poor field position that it faced on punts.  He was fine on XP's and short FG's though...
6/22/2013 8:34 PM
appreciate it guys, suppose i will sign me a kicker then
6/23/2013 10:23 AM
If you have to spend more than the cost of one AC scout and a guaranteed start or max playing time, you are wasting your money.
6/27/2013 12:56 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.