1979 Original Franchise Progressive - Full Topic

We need one owner for our 1979 single season progressive league.  We are entering our 11th season.

16 team league
No DH or AAA (supplied for trades only)
League Format:  Alt WIS Format B (4/4/4/4--4 total playoff teams:  Balanced schedule and No Interleague Play)
No I/R restrictions
Stadium must be the current stadium of one of the original 16 baseball franchises.

Win Floor Rule 
Win Floor will be set at 35 at the 120 gm mark. If you win 33-34 games, you lose 2 spots in round 1, If you win 30-32 games, you lose 4 spots in round 1, if you win 28-29 games, you lose 6 spots in round 1, if you win 25-27 games, you lose 8 spots in round 1, and if you fail to win at least 25, you bump to the end of round 1.

Example:  Team A wins 32 games and Team B wins 34.  All other teams win at least 35 games.  Team A loses 4 spots and will therefore pick 5th overall (1st >> 5th).  Team B loses 2 spots and will therefore pick 4th (2nd >>4th).  The rest of the draft order is determined by wins at the 120 game mark.  In this example, the first overall pick would go to the team with the worst record who had at least 35 wins.  Team B has 2nd pick, then 2 more picks, then team A with 5th overall pick.  Win floor is not in effect for all other rounds.

6/22/2013 10:56 AM

St. Louis Cardinals - Busch Stadium
Cuts still need to be made.  We will be drafting 1979 soon.  We have about 20 games left in the regular season.

This team will pick 15th in the 1979 draft

Hitters
Bill Madlock
Roy Smalley
Jose Cruz
Bill Buckner
Garry Maddox
Gene Tenace
Lamar Johnson
Jorge Orta
Ken Reitz
Jose Morales
Lyman Bostock
Larry Hisle
Wayne Nordhagen
Derrel Thomas
Glenn Adams

Pitchers
Tom Seaver
Rudy May
Aurelio Lopez
Ed Whitson
Lary Sorensen
Larry Christenson
Catfish Hunter
Byron McLaughlin
Doug Rau
Tom Bruno
Dan Spillner

***The team does not have a 2nd round pick, but does have all other picks.

6/22/2013 10:57 AM
This league plays pretty accurately.  This team have some real talent for both the long term and short term.  This team can easily be made into a contender.  First come first serve.  Claim your team by posting in this thread.  Sitemail me with any questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  Thanks for considering joining our league!

Derek
6/22/2013 10:57 AM
I'll take it if it is still available.
6/24/2013 3:43 PM
The team is all yours!
6/24/2013 4:56 PM
1979 Original Franchise Progressive - Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.