Can some players to score more than actual season? Topic

There's many things I've yet to figure out with sim basketball. Here's one- if you draft a guy, say 72-73 Chamberlain, who averaged 13.2/game, can you get him to score much more than that if you surround him with the right teammates, like guys with more assists? His 10.3mil salary makes me hesitant to draft him because it seems high for that low point total, even though his shooting percentage was 72%. I just don't know how much the sim limits a players shot attempts or if it will have him shoot more if teammates get him the ball more. To anyone who can answer this, thank you very much. I appreciate any help I can get.
6/23/2013 8:29 AM
Posted by drocman212 on 6/23/2013 8:29:00 AM (view original):
There's many things I've yet to figure out with sim basketball. Here's one- if you draft a guy, say 72-73 Chamberlain, who averaged 13.2/game, can you get him to score much more than that if you surround him with the right teammates, like guys with more assists? His 10.3mil salary makes me hesitant to draft him because it seems high for that low point total, even though his shooting percentage was 72%. I just don't know how much the sim limits a players shot attempts or if it will have him shoot more if teammates get him the ball more. To anyone who can answer this, thank you very much. I appreciate any help I can get.
Yes.  Also, modern players are more likely to exceed their real life ppg in the sim than older players.
6/23/2013 11:18 AM
Um.... Well, define "much more." If players start exceeding their RL numbers by too much, they'll incur an individual usage penalty.
6/23/2013 11:23 AM
Thanks, ncmusician_7. I appreciate it.
6/23/2013 11:25 AM
If you are drafting that Wilt you are not doing so for scoring but you are looking for a solid defender with strong rebounding. Please read the usage thread that ashamael wrote if you are trying to build a team. You need to have a solid grasp on that to realize that PPG is almost as useless as RBI is in baseball.

Strong teams will have very good rebounding. With this will be a proper usage mix as well as a solid understanding of how to manage possessions.

Oh and never draft Allen Iverson because he is poison and never draft Grant Hill because he is cursed.
6/24/2013 8:02 AM
Can some players to score more than actual season? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.