ATBA 9th Season (59-75) immediate team FILLED Topic

All-Time Basketball Assoc. Season 9 (1959-1975)
Progressive era league using all the players (from the benchwarmers to superstars) covering the years from 1959-1975.
Season 9 just underway 7/21 - FREE TEAM already submitted for league play.
admin. will add you to the league's roster of owners when you sign up.

Atlanta Hawks ( Midwest Div.) Game one is 7/21 for season 9 tip off.
This is a project team.  There's a very high probability you'll be choosing one of the six listed top rookies.
The good news is this season is a free team.  The Hawks have acquired another first round pick from
the Boston Celtics.  Most likely this pick will be in the #21 to #24 overall range for '76 rookie draft.
ABA superstar Ron Boone is the teams best player and has one very good season left. He'll lead the
team in scoring & assists.  Good usage 24.1%, 49.1% efg, 14.3 asst.% (a good number for the era).
Veteran Tom Meschery PF/SF is another very good shooter 50.2 efg% and he'll do some rebounding
8.3 Oreb% & 17.7 Dreb%.  Dunk'n Darnell Hillman is still in his prime with some solid seasons ahead.
Good defender D57, very good rebounder 9.7 Oreb%, 18.5 Dreb%.  Versatile John Johnson (JJ) can play
SG, SF & PF @ 100% will most likely play SF on this team.  Solid stats & good all round player in the ATBA.
47.3 efg%, 14.3 Dreb%, D53 & Usage% 20.9.
The Human Eraser Marvin Webster is the teams #1 rookie pick.  He won't be of much help for this season 9.
But he can be a key part of the season 11 team two seasons from now.  He can rebound, score some and mostly
help anchor the Def.  He was a very effective bench player late in his career with the N.Y. Knicks of the early 80's. 
Unheralded rookie Bob Gross joins the team this season.  Great bench player for this league and may start some.
Excellent defender throughout his career 1975 D83, 1976 D76 & 1977 D80.  Good seasons still ahead a very efficient
player. 55.6 efg%, lo usage% 14.8, very good 9.5 Oreb%, 12.8 ast%.  A nice piece for a winning team.
Jan Van Breda Kolff (SG & SF) & Harvey Catchings ( C & PF) are both capable role players off the bench.
Hands of Stone Harvey had a nice career as an effective bench player.  Still has 9 years left in a career where his
Def. never drops below 71 and has 4 years of 90+ Def. 
As you can see if I'm trying to sell you the virtues of Harvey Catchings this team has a long way to go.  Some nice
long term pieces in place.  Add a couple star caliber players in the next 2 seasons and this team will be ready to
contend for the playoffs.
This is a very competitive league and making the playoffs is always a challenge.  A friendly league with the best
owners you'll find in any WifS Basketball league.  This league just keeps getting stronger with each passing season.
Give it a try..........first ones FREE!

TOP ROOKIES of the Season 10 (1976 rookie draft)

Adrian Dantley        Darryl Dawkins aka Choclate Thunder

Alex English                      Dennis Johnson - DJ

Robert Parish                     Lonnie Shelton

7/20/2013 6:57 PM (edited)
seapilots runs a great League, and this team is loaded with talent - why not give it a chance?
6/25/2013 12:23 PM
do you have a site where I can look at who is owned  & free agents and some of the rules??

6/26/2013 2:27 PM
i'll take it...i guess it is time to come back...I still have the forum available to see as well
7/20/2013 7:09 PM
Great to have you back Malone!  I'll contact admin. & have them xfer team to you.
7/20/2013 7:16 PM
ATBA 9th Season (59-75) immediate team FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.