Looks fair enough to me.   Probably the best pitcher in the world for an above average pitcher and two pretty good hitters. 
6/24/2013 9:21 AM
One team is giving up an ace. The othe team is giving up a # 3 starter, a 45 home run hitter, and a 30-30 guy.

Its a blockbuster.
6/24/2013 9:21 AM
Looks OK to me.

Bevil is awesome.  Cather apears to be overperforming his ratings.  Dickinson is very good.  Stinnett is pretty good.

A blockbuster deal, but I don't see any problems with it.
6/24/2013 9:24 AM
I think I see the problem.   Bevil's owner is in his first season.  His trade partner has won just about half of the WS in that world.
6/24/2013 9:32 AM
That IS the problem Mike.  That is why people are complaining.  But I think it is still a fair trade.  Cloud always gives just as much as he takes.
6/24/2013 9:39 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I wouldn't trade Bevil unless he was in the last year of his contract and wouldn't re-sign.    But that's a pretty good haul for him.    Three legit BL players with plenty of peak years left.
6/24/2013 9:41 AM
A fair trade is still a fair trade, no matter who the owners are or what their experience level is.
6/24/2013 9:42 AM
When I clicked on Bevil, my first thought was, "This trade prob isn't fair. I don't think you could get enough for this guy."

Then I saw the other side and my final thoughts were, "Seems pretty even actually."

Its good that the world is keeping its radar up about newbs trading big time players, but, in my mind, this trade is fair.
6/24/2013 11:21 AM
It's a fair enough trade, but I'm not sure I would've given up Bevil if he was my player.
6/24/2013 1:18 PM
Actually I think Baltimore is getting beat up in that trade.  Those three guys are pretty good.  Even if one blows up a knee, you have two good players.  I suppose the Balt, GM could argue that he's shedding salary, but they will be tough to replace unless his pipeline is loaded.  Bevil is as good as it gets, but if this were '95 and you wanted to get Greg Maddux and his unbelieveable season, would you give up Kenny Rogers (234 innings-3.38 ERA), Sammy Sosa (.268-.340-.500) AND Jay Buhner (.262-.343 w/40 homers)?  Bevil's season is near Maddux's.....and the other guys nearly duplicat the seasons of Rogers, Sosa and Buhner.   BTW, Bevil has gone 40-3 the last two seasons.  Is there a competition issue in the league?
6/24/2013 9:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/24/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
I think I see the problem.   Bevil's owner is in his first season.  His trade partner has won just about half of the WS in that world.
Did you read the last sentence?
6/24/2013 10:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Whats amazing is he has done it with 20 ADV scouting..
6/25/2013 12:01 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.