How would you improve my team? Topic

Hey there guys! So I am coaching this rebuild program in DII called UC, Colorado Springs in my first season with them, and even though I've got  a decent of idea of who to place in what order on the depth chart and where to improve my team going forward, I would always love some feedback. Any advice about improving my team would be much appreciated! 

Oh, and I run a Fastbreak offense and a man to man defense, so keep that in mind when checking out the team and the players' attributes.
6/26/2013 11:01 PM
I would suggest cutting K. Brown next recruiting season, and try to squeeze 4 recruits out of the money you'll have. Another thing to consider would be evening out your guards/bigs. This may be hard, but next year you're looking at returning 2 guards and 5 bigs.
6/26/2013 11:30 PM
I've got a few guards on my recruiting list, so I will recruit 3 guards (PG or SG) to try and even things out a little for next season. What attributes should I look for in a PG/SG recruit?
6/26/2013 11:45 PM
Speed, defense, athleticism, ball handling, perimeter, passing, stamina (in no particular order). I say no particular order, because honestly, it is up to you to decide what you value more. You also need to consider what is available and chose based on the projected skills. One last bit of advice, don't hesitate to recruits jucos or redshirt a player.
6/26/2013 11:59 PM
Thank you for the advice; any other recommendations for my team?
6/27/2013 12:00 AM
Read this thread: http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=453763&Page=1

I
t's legendary around here, and should give you a great idea of what to look for in players, and how to find those players. If you have any specific questions, feel free to sitemail me, or you can ask some of the coaches in your conference, there are some very good ones there (chew, jet, philly, nick, etc.).
6/27/2013 12:00 AM
Thanks for that link m! Yes, I am very lucky to be in a conference with many great great coaches! Truly blessed and honored!
6/27/2013 12:03 AM
I will contradict paynebrow on one point: don't bother cutting a player entering their senior year.  The reason is that cutting a senior from your roster constricts your recruiting budget, rather than increasing it.  It's too late to bother cutting K. Brown.  

On the other hand, starting K. Brown is a HUGE mistake!  UCCS plays fastbreak & m2m.  That makes the categories have the following importance: ATH, DEF, SPD, STAM.  So your depth chart should be:

PG - Gaudreau, Anderson, Sabella, Yeh
SG - Yeh, Anderson, Sabella, Gaudreau
SF - McGurn, E. Brown, ________, Sabella, 
PF - Dery, Lee, Jacobs, K. Brown
C -  Riley, Massie, Jacobs, K. Brown

I would play everyone at fairly fresh, except Yeh & Riley.  They could play at getting tired to try to get more minutes out of them.

6/27/2013 1:09 PM
Ok rogelio, I took your lineup and stamina advice so I'll see how it affects my team going into their game in 5min or so; I'll post about the results after; thanks for the help though!
6/27/2013 1:56 PM
I ended up winning 75-72 over my opponent that just simulated, so my team moves to a surprising 3-1! The real challenges don't come until conference play when I have to face some of the best coached teams I've ever faced in my coaching history!
6/27/2013 2:06 PM
How would you improve my team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.