Strat-o-Matic Football Topic

Be the GM Manage the Salary Cap and Coach a team with players from the 2012 season

Hi Guy's I am a Football NUT. I love Football !! I have Goallineblitz player's and what if sports football teams. BUT I am looking for some new players for 

Strat-o-matic Football. This is a CDROM game that you can only buy online. It is based on a 1960's board Game but now your CPU does all the work.
This is not like Madden Strat-o-matic football is a bunch of X and O running around on the field. It is all about strategy all most like chess but with football players.
First the OFF picks their Formation 4 WR, Pro set, BB set etc then the DEF picks 4-3, nickle, dime etc. Next

The OFF can chose to throw DEEP, Short or one of 3 flat pass zones. or Run there are 7 run slots. 4 off tackle 2 outside and one up the gut run

The Def can call Run or Pass and then move the FS and LB's ( if they want ) to blitz the run or pass or double team the WR , TE, HB or FB. the LB and FS could even double team one of the Passing Zones.

Next the Ball is hiked and the the CPU rolls two six sided dice to see if the next roll is on the OFF card or the DEF card. Once the card is picked then the cpu rolls the Two six side dice again to see what will happen TD, Int , 5 yd gain, 80 yd gain its a crap shoot. The OFF card is based on your players skill's from the 2012 season. So Adrian Peterson would have a ton of great runs on his card.

While the DEF is also base on players skill for 2012. DEF players are rated at 0, 4,5,6 Zero being the worst and 6 being the best like Ray Lewis. Good DEF players make play's like incomplete, Int, sack, fumble while 0 def player often give up large gains.

there is a depth chart for both OFF and DEF along with injury,s as the game is played.

Please send me a PM if your interested in the GREATEST Football Game !!!. 

I will answer your questions and can send you a link to the web site of strat-o-matic.com and the email of our Commissioner 

Randy ( Moderator please delete or lock this post if I an breaking some Rule ??? by posting this here thx )
6/28/2013 9:35 PM
zomg!!!! lol

In all actuality, it's probably better than the NFL sim here, though I've never played Stratomatic football.  I've never really found a football text game I've liked, and I've played Lance Haffner, 2nd and 10, Action PC sports, etc...there's this thing out now called the Professional Football Simulator (PFS?) but I can't seem to get the demo to work on my comp, and I don't want to buy it before trying it.

My 2 cents.

6/28/2013 11:16 PM
Strat-o-Matic Football Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.